Functional Safety Manager
Chances are HARMAN and its innovative brands have already touched your life today.
HARMAN designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions and services supporting the Internet of Things.
With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson®and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems.
- Member of Project Core Team (Team 1)
- Coordination of the Safety Core Team
- Creation and maintenance of safety plan and safety case
- Support Program Management and Preventive Quality with tailoring of product lifecycle (Q-Gates)
- Support RFQ phase with concept proposals and cost estimates
- Responsibility for functional and technical safety within projects
- Support and execution of safety analysis (Hazard Risk Analysis, FMEA, FMEDA, FTA, HAZOP, CCFA / DFA)
- Strong collaboration and cooperation with Program Management and project leaders as well as interface with the customer for functional safety topics
- Support projects with functional safety requirements and coordination of quality methods within the projects
- Ensure process and project compliance with ISO26262 and demonstrate risks along product development / product life cycle
- Train engineering teams in respect to functional safety adherence
- Execute confirmation measures including internal functional safety assessments
- Support evaluation of customer change requests with regards to functional safety impact
- Support engineering process group to develop ISO 26262 compliant processes
- Provide guidance to ensure qualification activities are executed in a proper manner (SW components, tools etc.)
- At least 6+ years of experience in Automotive Engineering and Development as well as experience in Functional Safety implementation
- University degree in the Engineering field and certified Functional Safety Manager
- Extensive knowledge on System, Hardware and Software
- Experience in creation of safety concepts and analysis (FMEA, FTA, FMEDA, HARA)
- 5+ years of experience in product development process
- Experience in project and quality management
- 3+ years of experience in ISO 26262 and IEC 61508, including legal aspects
- Experience in creation of project safety plan
- Ability to work independently
- Strong skills in communication, presentation and problem solving (customer and internal)
- Flexible and autonomous working with global interfaces
- English business fluent
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
What we offer:
- An international team working with the world's largest automotive manufacturers
- Access to Harman University for extensive technical trainings
- Employee discounts on our HARMAN products (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon)
- Meal tickets
- Flexible working hours
- Medical subscription
- State of the art new office easily accessible by city transportation
- Fitness discounts
- and much more...
#JoinHarmanBucharest and come see what you can achieve with us!
Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximatelypeople across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status.