Senior DevOps Engineer - Azure
Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, Finastra builds and deploys innovative, next-generation technology on our open Fusion software architecture and cloud ecosystem. Our scale and geographical reach means that we can serve customers effectively, regardless of their size or location—from global financial institutions to community banks and credit unions.Cerinte
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 12+ years of experience in software development, systems engineering/design
- Minimum 8 years of progressive technical experience in a development, design or architecture role
- Minimum 5+ years of practical experience in cloud IaaS/PaaS engineering/delivery (Microsoft Azure)
- Experience in establishing engineering standards, frameworks, best practices, and tools aligned with SDLC
- Extensive experience in analyzing environments/infrastructure for usage scale needs/patterns
- Experience with Web Technologies, Web Services/XML/Micro services
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Extensive hands-on experience in a cloud delivery
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with the Docker deployment in Azure or Amazon Cloud.
- Experience with monitoring, logging and event aggregation and correlation
- Experience with monitoring and APM software (e.g. Splunk, Dynatrace, App-Dynamics New Relic)
- Experience with capacity planning and scale up/down design
- Cloud high-availability, recovery options and implementation
- Expert knowledge in provisioning, automating, managing and monitoring Microsoft Azure environments for both IaaS and PaaS
- Expert in identifying and resolving system delivery and environment issues
- Strong ability to identify potential architecture limitations and resolve infrastructure performance issues
- Full stack, end-to-end, understanding of throughput, latency, memory, and CPU utilization in a multi-tiered architecture environment
- Documentation of environment delivery
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and implementing them to DevOps practices
- Expert in definition of Non-Functional requirements(NFRs) and validation of NFRs in architecture, design, build phases
- Knowledge of volumetric, sizing/estimation and modeling including capacity management through feedback systems (monitoring, APM, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about useful metrics, and how to work with them to track against goals/KPI
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Expert knowledge automation tools (Visual Studio, PowerShell, Azure RM, Puppet, Octopus, Chef)
- Strong working knowledge of MS SQL
- Experience with a variety of application frameworks and application migration
- Experience, Project Management, Problem Solving, LAN and WAN Knowledge, Complex Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning, People Management.
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies such as Scrum & Kanban
- Team player, detail-oriented, with analytical approach
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Fluent English skills
- Certification in selected Microsoft Cloud services and related experience is required.
What will you contribute?
Finastra is looking for a dynamic individual to join the CSLP Program DevOps Team. As a DevOps Engineer working within the Development organization, you will be responsible for maintaining cloud development environments across the program. The DevOps Engineers are responsible for build, provisioning, management and maintenance of cloud platforms and automating build and release pipelines for the Development and QA teams. Successful candidates will leverage broad technical knowledge of the public cloud offerings of Microsoft Azure to deliver environments and platform solutions that meet the architecture, product development, release engineering, performance engineering and overall business and security needs. Working in conjunction with knowledgeable architects to deliver solutions and environment in the cloud with designs for scalability, recoverability and security. Successful candidates will collaborate with the product development teams to review and resolve environment related deployment problems and conduct delivery design sessions and reviews/walkthroughs to ensure accuracy based business requirements and development guidelines.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
Your deliverables as a Senior Developer Engineer will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build, provision, manage and maintain cloud platforms (IaaS, PaaS) in Microsoft Azure for Development and QA teams
- Improve DEV/TEST/QA/RE/PE environment consistency
- Delivery of cloud environments for DEV/TEST/QA/RE/PE through automation to facilitate the CD processes, work with Performance Engineering for scale delivery
- Enhance End-To-End process execution of delivery through automation, virtualization
- Delivery of cloud API Management to DEV/TEST/QA/RE/PE
- Automation of cloud environments for DEV/TEST/QA/RE/PE
- Azure Active Directory implementation/integration for environments and applications
- Implement production security and delivery models in DEV/TEST/QA/RE/PE to ensure seamless production orchestration and delivery
- Run procedures and tasks covering database administration:
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, user acceptance testing and production usage.
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases. Plans and implements backup and recovery of the databases.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the databases. Create new database users as required.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools. Assist with the identification of environmental issues and provide corrective actions
- Create continuous environments as part of the overall Continuous Delivery objective as required by the Development and QA teams
- Pro-actively identify procedures to streamline and automate the delivery process
- Implement new tools/develop/execute automation scripts for all environments
- Interact with Operation Teams to build and manage the artifacts for production deployment
- Document all procedures related to the processes and tools developed
- Identify, establish, and manage Proof of Concept (POC) environments and report on design outcomes
- Define new as-a-service packages in areas including analytics, database, and platform that leverage public cloud environments and support development
- Participate in the design and development of a cloud or hybrid architecture that will be aligned with the business’s objectives based on information, application, and system requirements
- Monitoring health and performance of cloud DEV/TEST/QA/RE/PE environments and executing relevant maintenance tasks or fixes
- Vulnerability and patch management and security based on established policies and procedures