Engineering Studio Developer (C++)
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
- 4 years of experience or more in Software Development in C++ .
- General knowledge of Image File formats/Sound File formats/Movie File formats;
- General knowledge of Windows OS internals (Registry/OS Files and Folders structure/Tweaks);
- Knowledge of games on consoles, in multiplayer mode and Online Consoles Stores…;
- Strong communication skills (daily contact with subsidiaries abroad is an important part of the job);
- Rigorous, well organized;
- Fluent in English, French is a definite plus;
- Ability to work as a team member as well as autonomously;
- Ability to take initiatives;
- Desire to learn and learn quickly;
- Gamer on different consoles or PC.
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge of C#, Asp, PHP, Visual Basic, Python;
- Knowledge of general game structure and game files on different platforms as well as burning/copy tools and protections;
- Render programming (DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan, Shader languages)
- Network programming
- Some experience on Linux development (graphics, sound…);
- Jira or Perforce knowledge
You will be working on various projects for the Engineering Studio on different platforms.
- Games porting on new consoles
- Cloud Gaming porting
- Game Remastering
- Game Localization (development of Asian versions…)
- Games Compilation (creating compilations of games, adding several versions and languages on the same DVD or BR)
- Production teams support (Patch…);
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- If you’re into sport we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we’ll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
- If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week;
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months;
- If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.