Localization Lead DevTester
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Ubisoft Romania active.
Vezi toate job-urile Localization Lead DevTester active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
- At least 2 years of work experience in QA field, preferably in a multinational company;
- Previous experience as a Project Lead, preferably in a multinational company;
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills;
- Analytical thinking;
- Good understanding of video games production and interest in technology;
- Excellent English (written and spoken), French is a plus;
- Interest in other languages/cultures;
- Good MS Office (especially Excel) and Internet literacy;
- Ability to build solid professional relationships;
- Curious, able to identify opportunities, seek improvement and drive change;
- Degree in Economics or Foreign Languages is a plus;
- Experience with Jira, Mantis, Devtrack (any bug reporting tool).
Working in close collaboration with the Localization Group Manager, Localization Project Manager and the Production Teams, the Localization DevTest Lead coordinates the proper implementation of all Internationalization requirements by following the production flow towards reaching a proper test build. He/she will act as guidance for the Localization QA team, using the acquired game knowledge to answer questions and better synthetize the game flow.
He/she will test and coordinate test passes for the game several times, reporting localization bugs prior to delivering the build further to the Localization Project Manager, assuring that the version is as clean as possible before entering the linguistic test phase.
Localization is the adaptation of a product to a target culture and market. Basically, it consists in managing the translation & adaptation, audios, integration and linguistic quality assurance of a product from a source language, usually English, to several destination languages (French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Nordic languages, Russian, Polish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese etc).
Internationalization refers to the ensemble of actions (technical, process wise or linguistic/content wise) taken so that a product can actually be localized, and, even more, that it can be localized easily, quickly and cheaply.
- Coordinates and follows performance of the Localization DevTest team;
- Works closely with the Localization Group Manager in Bucharest for reaching the best results on assigned projects;
- Works together with the development teams to make sure the project fulfills the Internationalization requirements and checks Internationalization points by directly playing the game;
- Manages several projects simultaneously;
- Provides management, leadership and technical guidance for his/her team;
- Analyzes game content from a localization perspective while providing reports and feedback to the Localization Project Manager, Dev teams and Localization QA teams;
- Works closely with the Dev teams to identify and implement project specific debug commands;
- Checks Oasis (text and audio management tool) for missing audio files on all languages;
- Submits localization issues using specialized bug tracking tools;
- Smoke tests builds;
- Regular communication and collaboration with Localization Project Managers from multiple sites (Bucharest, Paris, Montpellier, Dusseldorf, Montreal, Shanghai, Malmo, etc) is required as part of an international team, in order to exchange best practices and improve processes;
- Gathers feedback from internal and external stakeholders regarding the localization quality of Ubisoft titles, but also analyzes the localization quality of games from other companies;
- Performs research on new markets and trends in the industry and drafts best practices documentation.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
- We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
- You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
- If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.