Linux Systems Administrator
The Linux System Administrator role is part of the Trading Technology Operations systems administration Italy team. The main focus of this role are the LSEG service lines running on Linux (Suse, Red Hat) or Windows Platform. This resource will support the delivery and the maintenance for all the LSEG systems.
To support implementation and delivery phase for the service:
- Set up and configure all the environments related to the system.Guarantee that the environments properly work every day, ensuring a prompt support during the functional/customers test sessions.Support the writing of the technical documentation needed for operation or recurring issues or tasks.
- Assist the hardware maintenance tasks
Key behaviours and skills:
- Degree level education or equivalent culture
- General knowledge of:
- Red Hat
- Bash scripting programming knowledge
- Windows 2003-2008 – Enterprise Environment
- Windows centralized monitor integration with ITO/Nagios
- VMWare Esx
- Strong client management skills and sense of ownership.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how the technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career. We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee’s potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.