Senior Associate Oracle Database Engineer
We are looking for an Oracle Database Engineer to provide production and development support for all LSEG Oracle database applications.
The Database Engineer will design, document the strategies for backup and recovery, performance analysis, clustering, data management and user and developer assistance, and be a point of escalation.
Key Responsibilities for this role are to:
- Develop and maintain database build standards including security to industry standards, patching and high availability
- Monitor and manage database resources to ensure optimum performance
- Document and manage database server procedures such as backup and restore, upgrades and disaster recovery procedures
- Undertake maintenance and upgrades, generally out of normal business hours including weekends.
- Provide database design support to development projects.
- Performance tuning and diagnostics, query plan analysis and the use of AWR / ASH / ADDM
To be successful in this role, we would like you to have proven experience with the following:
- +5 years’ experience in ORACLE 10g, 11g, 12c database administration
- High number of databases
- Data Guard
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Grid Infrastructure / Database Patching and Upgrades
Or an appetite for the following optional requirements:
- ASM / ACFS
- APEX (Application Express)
- Solaris X86 and Sparc, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Shell scripting
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, only suitable candidates will be contacted directly by us in less than 5 working days. If you don't hear from us, this means we will store your application for other exciting career opportunities with London Stock Exchange Group and we’ll reach out to you again in 5-month time to reconfirm your willingness to store your data in our systems.
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee’s potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.