Senior Database Administrator
Senior Database Administrator
We’re looking for a Senior Database Administrator with +5 years of experience on supporting mission critical environments on at least 2 of these 4 RDBMS technologies.
The successful candidate needs to have a good knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows Operative Systems and must be available to work on shifts (the team covers 12h shift, 5 days a week) and being on call (approx. one week per month).
Key responsibilities for this role are:
- As part of the Team, you will be responsible to support at 360° database layer of several services on different technologies, participate into international projects and have a chance to influence current and future technology choices
Candidate Profile/ Key Skills:
- Oracle 11g, 12c (RAC, ODG, RMAN, Exadata, perfo&tuning)
- MSSQL 2008R2 - 2012 – 2014 (database replica, OS Cluster)
Nice to have:
- PostgreSQL/EDB 9, 10 (pg, rman, BART, database replica, OS Clustering)
- SAP Hana 2.0 (TDI approach, installation, administration, system replica, perfo&tuning)
Knowledge of at least 3 of the following languages is also required:
- SQL, PL/SQL, psql, TSQL, mSQL, HDBSQL, shell scripting, Perl, PowerShell, python
- Degree in Information Technology / Math’s / Physics / Statistics / Engineering or related area
- Strong persuading and influencing skills;
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate effectively at both business and technical levels;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Able to work independently with the minimum of supervision;
- The ability to liaise with different levels of staff within the organization;
- Good team player;
- Must be motivated to progress in the role;
- Self-starter with the ability to plan and manage work according to deadlines;
- Pragmatic approach;
- Willingness to share experience / knowledge.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximize each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension;
- 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Private medical insurance;
- Group life insurance policy;
- Meal vouchers;
- Other cool perks.
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee’s potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.