Reporting specialist - Accounts Payable Process
The Reporting Specialist role is an exciting career opportunity for those of you who would like to further develop their data analytics skills. As Reporting Specialist, you will assist the Reporting and Internal Process Control Lead with the implementation and maintenance of data analytics and reporting systems, procedures and policies, as well as assisting with the training of the SNC-Lavalin Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) teams.
Your main responsibility will be data gathering, data analysis and reporting on various teams in the Centre. You will be actively participating in testing and developing processes, and testing key internal control measurements.
You will be also contributing to the development of training materials and be an integral driver for identifying and implementing processes or system improvements in order to increase process efficiency.
To succeed in this role, you will need to develop extensive knowledge of the FSSC processes and be solution-oriented. Your strong analytical skills, attention to details, willingness and learning skills will be highly appreciated and will help you excel in this role.
- Perform data analysis and develop a reporting system to meet process performance requirements
- Create data dashboards, develop metrics analysis and provide relevant reports to stakeholders
- Create, develop and communicate relevant information to key Business Unit stakeholders under the guidance of the Reporting & Internal Process Control Lead
- Provide analytics support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation for reporting and internal control purposes
- Facilitate continuous improvement of processes through documenting process related issues and assessing specific risks.
- Measure KPI’s to assess team performance trends and report achievements or deficiencies to the Reporting & Internal Process Control Lead
- Facilitate performance reviews, workshops, and analytics and reporting related activities specific to the FSSC
- Assist with the training and deployment of the FSSC teams
- Provide assistance to the Reporting & Internal Process Control Lead as required
- Demonstrated data analytics and reporting experience
- Knowledge of Procure-to-Pay, Order-to-Cash or Record-to-Report processes is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Understanding of financial controls framework is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Oracle or another ERP system is a plus
- Proficiency in English (French is a plus)
- Experience in implementing new working procedures, systems or tools is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Able to efficiently manage time, set priorities and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Attention to details paired with good organizational abilities
- Work experience in a service centre environment is a plus
- Direct contract with SNC-Lavalin
- Working hours: 09:00 - 18:00 / 10:00 - 19:00 Monday to Friday
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Team activities, Fun@Work events
- Employees Wellness Program – fresh fruits, chair massage, employee wellness rooms
- Learning and Development programs, Career opportunities
- CSR & Sport activities
- Open and dynamic work environment