VMware Subject Matter Expert
- 5+ years of experience in managing Lenovo, IBM, and VMware based converged infrastructure stack for VDI solutions;
- Great troubleshooting and problem resolution capabilities for Windows Server, VMware vSphere, Storage, SQL, Networking, Powershell technologies (strong PowerShell scripting/coding experience is required);
- At least 5 years of experience on enterprise environment (large-scale Projects) for the above technologies, with focus on VMware vSphere;
- Good experience with serving large scale projects (application upgrades, hardware relocation, greenfield deployments) as technical coordinator (5+ years);
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Facing the client in daily/weekly meetings regarding the project's deliverables;
- Contributing to technical development of technical team, technical evaluation of potential candidates in the recruitment process;
- Previous experience as Technical Leader/ Subject matter expert (SME);
- Building processes and tools to improve operational efficiency.
The Subject matter expert (SME)we are looking for is the definitive source of knowledge, technique and expertise in the VmWare, Storage, Networking, Powershell and SQL areas.
The SME functions as the organizational ambassador for his knowledge area, and applies his expertise to support an organization’s vision and strategic direction:
- understands, articulates and implements best practices related to his area of expertise;
- provides guidance to L2 team members on how his area of capability can resolve project/organizational needs;
- actively participates in all phases of the project (emphasis on design, transition, operations);
- cultivates and maintains effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, project managers, engineers and senior staff members;
- acts as technical lead/ coordinator or the L2 support team, with main focus on technical growth;
- translates subject matter terminology into business terms, and recommends alternatives to management;
- resolves issues relevant to project/program deliverable(s) as the highest area of expertise in his field;
- understands requisite knowledge that underlies effective decision-making and is able to describe where anomalies or flaws may occur in the decision-making for his/her area of expertise;
- act as the “go to” person within the project/ department for questions and problems within his/her area of expertise;
The nature of this role involves actively participating in multiple work-groups at one time and disseminating information across all levels of the organization.
The subject matter expert is articulate and communicates information effectively to diverse audiences.