RTR Payroll Accountant
At Kellogg Company we have a vision of enriching and delighting the world through foods and brands that matter; with the purpose of nourishing families so that they can flourish and thrive.
Our Vision is to enrich and delight the world through foods and brands that matter.
Driven by our consumers, this is what we aspire to become and want to be on our best day.
Our Purpose is nourishing families so they can flourish and thrive.
This is why Kellogg exists, the role we play in the world and how we deliver our Vision.
Our company is a place where innovation lives on, where we never stop learning and where we’re excited about tomorrow. In 2014, we started an exciting transformation journey towards Global Business Services. GBS is a new global function at Kellogg that is helping to drive growth by simplifying work and innovating processes so that our team worldwide can focus on making and selling great food.
Our GBS Service Centre for Europe is located at Floreasca Business Centre (adjacent to Aurel Vlaicu Metro) and now we want you to join us as we continue our growth in Romania. Be part of a dynamic team, with career progression opportunities.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
At Kellogg Company, we place a huge emphasis on recruiting the best people to help grow our business and build on our success. To be considered for this position. you must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel – Required; Experience with Word, PowerPoint, and Access - Preferred;
• English knowledge (advanced);
• Experience of General Ledger activities, including Payroll;
• Strong understanding of accounting principles and US GAAP;
• Expertise in Record to Report function including best practices, technologies, processes, procedures and tools;
• Qualified or studying towards professional accounting qualification (eg CIMA, ACA, ACCA);
• Experience working for a multinational organization and working with colleagues internationally;
• Training and certification in Six Sigma or LEAN;
• Previous work experience in SAP.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In support of the Global Business Services strategic objectives, the Payroll Accountant will have to:
• Deliver accurate and timely payroll finance information;
• Consistently meet compliance measures and achieves service level agreements;
• Achieve and sustain best practices in effectiveness, quality service and efficiency within a strong internal control framework;
• Have a mindset of continuous improvement aimed at constantly challenging the norm and being innovative;
• Communicate strongly with Overheads Business Partners, Auditors, Government Agencies, Payroll Providers and Benefit Providers;
• Work with local payroll providers to prepare and post accurate payroll actuals and accruals in line with accounting standards;
• Liaise with GBS Payroll and payroll providers to resolve any queries on the payroll bookings on a timely basis;
• Prepare payroll balance sheet accounts in the reconciliation portal within the required deadlines; reconcile payroll P&L accounts to payroll files, reconcile social security contributions and local returns to general ledger and identify and resolve issues with HR support;
• Ensure that management reports are issued to local market finance/ cost center contacts on a timely basis and that queries are followed up in a timely manner;
• Prepare the allocation of pension balances based on the Pension Square Up provided by Pensions Manager;
• Contributes to a team environment that is focused on high performance and operational excellence.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
If you experience any difficulty when applying, please contact myhr @ kellogg.com. All applications MUST be done via our career site.
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please don’t hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to be immediately notified of new Kellogg's opportunities, please go to ‘Create or access my profile’ and complete the information required in the ‘Job Alerts’ section. You will then receive email alerts as soon as new jobs are advertised.
The Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.