Advanced Technical Support Engineer (L2-L3)
VON Consulting is an HR Consultancy company, providing solutions and services in the following areas: recruitment and executive search, personnel leasing, payroll, administration and training.Requirements
- Strong Experience in offering support of administrating Linux environments and/or applications.
- Experience with at least one Scripting language: (preferably Bash)
- Relevant experience with SQL – ( basic queries: Select, update, Insert, etc.)
- Basic networking skills (e.g. TCP/IP , HTTP, or any encryption methods/protocols)
- Knowledgeable of troubleshooting and debugging live software systems.
- Experience in VMware ESXI server ( administration & Troubleshooting)
- Experience with any web/application servers (e.g. Apache, JBoss)
- Very good abilities for root cause analysis (RCA)
- Availability to travel for short periods of time, 2-4 times per year, to perform on-site Integration, Deployment and/or post-support.
- Ideally, plus at least 1-2 skills from „nice to have”
Nice to have:
- French language at a conversational level
- Experience in maintaining IBM/HP Servers, SAN, Dell, and PC servers
- Scripting ability in one or more of the following – C/Borne/Korn shell, batch, files and SQL.
- Good/very good scripting skills (Python, shell scripts…)
- Knowledgeable in Java or any other OOP language. (able to read and understand code)
- Experience in development, customization, and integration would be an added advantage
- Knowledgeable in administrating and maintaining Oracle Database
- Certification in system management best practices (ITIL) is a plus (or relevant experience).
- Experience in NetApp technology is a plus
- Experience with Windows Servers is a plus.
- Analyse, Troubleshoot, solve assigned tickets by the Technical Support Manager escalated by Support Level 1.
- Maintain components of IT infra and backend, including Hardware and Software
- Reproduce and characterize before escalation to L3 Software maintenance team.
- Formalize corrective action plans or local workaround within the SLA
- Solve or escalate the analysis to the Level 3 support Corrective Maintenance the internal team or suppliers for getting a permanent fix or further investigation and expertise.
- Communicate regularly to keep the customer informed on the progress
- Delivered maintenance documentation, operation manual, test procedures and test reports.
- Perform site administration activities and preventive maintenance.
- System ramp up support.
- When on-site upgrade, perform activities of integration, deployment and on-site post-support.
- Fill-in Support ticket tracking tool appropriately
- Ensure customer satisfaction in maintenance and support
The employing company is Global leader in Biometrics and Augmented Identity for the mobility space.