GAP PHP Team Leader
iSoftBet Development Center was established in Timisoara in 2004 by UK Entrepreneurs, who believe in new technologies and the business opportunities Romania has to offer.
Since then, we have developed impressive online products and by doing so built an imposing brand. Our team is young, passionate and motivated to create amazing software solutions that make the difference, all in an awesome work environment with lots of benefits.
We are looking for smart people and we want you!"
We are looking for a PHP Team Lead to join our growing engineering team in London reporting to the Dev Manager. You will work together with the engineering team and combine your in-depth knowledge of large-scale and your passion for new technologies to ensure we keep delivering the best experiences to our customers.
Desired skills and experience:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in web development using PHP5, OOP, MySQL, jQuery, HTML, Kafka.
• Experience with PHP framework such as Lumen and Laravel
• Experience in developing REST web services and working with APIs
• Experience in using version control systems such as GIT
• An understanding of the entire software development life cycle
• A passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
• Experience working with XML and JSON
• Experience in designing automation unit, stress and functional tests
• Experience of working in Agile environments
• To be a fast learner who adapts easily to changing environments, possess strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
The ideal candidate shall possess the following:
• Past experience of team lead, or natural leader.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
• Experience with JIRA/STASH/BAMBOO
• Developing on virtualised environment using Vagrant
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Leading the integration team, reporting to the Development manager.
• Being an asset to deliver fast paced projects thanks to leadership and skills.
• Requirements and project specs analysis and estimations
• Write high performance and reusable PHP code modules
• Maintain and improve the backend for existing products
• Code review and projects architecture improvement
• Follow coding standards and best practices
• Collaboration within the team in order to achieve the requirements above
• Ability to understand and analyse specifications