WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a sustainable, global investment platform.
WorldQuant's success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Great ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess a mindset of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
The successful candidate will work as a Recruiting and Operations Assistant in the Bucharest office supporting the General Manager. The hours are typically from 09.00 am to 6.00 pm, however, flexibility to work earlier or later hours may be required based on the needs that arise from time to time.
- Meet and greet visitors to the office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming calls
- Receive and sort daily mail, deliveries
- File, scan and fax documents as needed, maintain records
- Order office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Assist with hotel, flight and ground transportation bookings for the Bucharest team
- Assist with meetings/events scheduling
- Assist with planning and coordination of conferences and corporate/team events
- Assist with onboarding of new employees
- Organize and coordinate job interviews as required
- Assist the Office Manager in the background check process
- Other ad hoc tasks and projects as they arise
What You’ll Bring
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in a multinational organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Fluent in English and Romanian (both verbal and written)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people across job functions
- Ability to multitask, work independently with minimal supervision, attention to detail
- Proactive about learning and motivated to take on additional responsibilities over time
Position based in Bucharest, Romania.