Junior/Part-time Software Developer – Expand your knowledge, gain experience and get certified (Contractor Role)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Oracle active
View all jobs Junior/Part-time Software Developer – Expand your knowledge, gain experience and get certified (Contractor Role) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Oracle, a global provider of enterprise cloud computing, empowers businesses of all sizes on their digital transformation journey. With 430,000 customers in 175 countries, Oracle provides leading-edge capabilities in Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, and Data as a Service.
Our mission is to transform our world for the better through innovative technologies.
What we hope to find in you:
- An avid desire to learn and a great curiosity level 😊
- A bachelor degree in Software Development/IT or a senior student with coding knowledge and a desire to progress
- Programming skills – either is good, not all are required:
o Continuous integration and continuous delivery tool sets: GITLab, Jenkins, Hudson, etc
o Container technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Wercker, etc
- Knowledge of UNIX and LINUX commands/utilities/ Linux administration would be nice
- Knowledge of a scripting language like Bash, Perl or Python will be nice
Must have good written and verbal communication skills in English.
How can you help us?
Design, write and maintain software that manages Oracle product demonstrations, as well as cloud-management software that manages the Oracle demonstrations product fleet. Also, be ready to perform Linux-level administration tasks for our own server infrastructure, as well as to understand the context of our delivered solution.
Also, you will be responsible for:
- Developing new software
- Automating our testing
- Problem diagnosis (part of maintenance for our software)
There will be one Saturday every quarter (3 months) when you will be required to work to help the maintenance of our application.
*the role offers a 1-year contract, with view to extension
Come and join the leading enterprise-software company on the market! Oracle is continuously growing and developing new solutions for business-to-business problems in all industries: IT, finance, automotive, education, healthcare, research, travel, entertainment and so on.
Our team is looking for a new colleague to help us tackle the challenges we encounter while defining, designing and implementing cloud-management software for our Demonstrations customer-facing cloud.
Why should you choose us? Here’s what we can we promise:
- You will be part of a united team, where you can learn from professionals and you can also help others grow
- We work closely with our colleagues from other teams: operations, development, devops, build and infrastructure so your programming skills will be completed with knowledge from adjacent areas
- We build solutions where you will be involved in all the phases of the project: gathering requirements and analyzing the user’s needs, designing, coding, testing, deployment and maintenance, but also smaller tools with immediate results in improving our daily tasks of our colleagues
- Our organization is devoted to personal development; we have programs dedicated to learning, either job related technologies or not, soft skills and a mentorship program where you can take advantage of the experience of others to help you grow
- We have projects written in AngularJS, Node JS, APEX, PL/SQL, Apex, Shell, Python and Perl, so you can choose to deepen your skills in one of the languages or switch gears more often