Internship Data Scientist
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
As a Data Scientists Intern, you will have the chance to learn and develop your knowledge and skills in a fast-paced and multinational environment.
Work alongside with professionals to develop scientific methods, processes and systems to extract knowledge or insights to drive the future of applied analytics. Collaborate with business and process owners to understand business issues, and with engineers to implement and deploy scalable solutions, where applicable.
Main accountabilities – you will:
• Learn about Ericsson and our way of working
• Build basic statistical models, algorithms and trend analysis to discover trends, patterns and predictive insights related to network and business objectives
• Translate data algorithms and ideas into actionable management insights and solutions
What are we looking for:
• 3rd year student, in one of the following Universities: Polytechnic – Electronics and Telecommunications/Applied Sciences, ASE – Cybernetics, UB – Computer Science - Mathematics.
• Good knowledge of statistical analysis, theory of probabilities, design of experiments and machine learning.
• Good command of SQL, SPSS
• Knowledge of programming language & software environment for statistical analysis, graphics representation and reporting i.e. R, Python
• Problem solving and attention to details
• Good communication skills
• Proactive and team player
• Good learning and researching skills
• Analytical mindset
What we offer:
• We will value your competences
• You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
• You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
• You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
• You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance