Infrastructure Storage Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Ericsson active
View all jobs Infrastructure Storage Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how does it support you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The Infrastructure Platforms Team is responsible for designing, delivering, maintaining and supporting the Infrastructure compute and storage platforms for EBMS globally.
This role is responsible for the operations, implementation, ongoing management and 2nd Line Support of the storage platforms within EBMS. This will include participating in an out of hours on call support rota.
The storage platform is a diverse and complex environment with a mix of both current and legacy platforms. Production platforms include HDS HUS/G Series, Hitachi HNAS, EMC Isilon, Quantum StorNext, Cleversafe, Oracle/StorageTek Tape Libraries and Brocade Fabric switches. Currently the storage team is responsible for approximately 5PB of disk storage, and 50PB of tape-based backup and archive.
Main accountabilities – you will:
The post-holder must have substantial experience in each of the following areas:
• Design, build, management and support of HDS enterprise storage in mission critical environments (egg HUS VM/HUS/”G" Series)
• Design, build, management and support of Fiber Channel SANs (Brocade) and working with NAS protocols (CIFS/NFS)
• Knowledge of and experience with enterprise backup and archive systems
• Providing 2nd line operational support in a 24x7 Environment, including on-call
• Capacity management, planning and reporting for all storage systems
• Rigorous and disciplined approach to documentation and knowledge transfer
• Good understanding of IP Networking, Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Substantial experience fault finding in complex system and network infrastructures including root-cause analysis of storage and fabric related problems
• Managing third party vendors
Additional highly desirable skills and Experience for post-holder:
• Hands-on experience with Quantum StorNext
• IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6+
• Oracle DivArchive and Oracle Tape Libraries
• An understanding of ITIL and experience working in a change controlled environment.
• Experience of Senior Management liaison and of presenting information of a complex technical nature to a variety of audiences.
• Experience of Client liaison, including acting as a Technical representative in meetings with a Client’s technical and non-technical staff
• Knowledge of project work and methodologies, ideally gained through involvement in complex high profile projects in the broadcast sector
• Ability to process and present complex statistical data in a clear and concise fashion for Senior Management consumption
• A clear ability to multi-task in a complex dynamic environment with regularly changing priorities
• A strong belief in and commitment to structured and formalized approaches to documentation
• Deep understanding of customer service with the ability to view systems in terms of service provision rather than discrete technical components, and should see technology as a business enabler
• Strong ownership and sense of responsibility
• An understanding that the role of a technical specialist will occasionally require the flexibility to work out-of-hours and take ownership of service affecting issues until a satisfactory resolution is reached
• A commitment to knowledge sharing, cross skilling and a general appreciation of the need to eliminate single points of failure and enhance systems to the point of “zero effort maintenance”
• An ability to take an evidence-based approach to problems and developments, gather data and demonstrate how proposed solutions will provide optimal outcomes
• High levels of persuasion, persistence and determination, as well as the ability to influence and negotiate with people and present ideas and issues with authority and evidence
• Understanding and appreciation of a formalized service management approach (ITIL for example), including an understanding of incident, problem and change management
• A very high standard of written and spoken English to help facilitate all the above.
What we offer
• We will value your competences
• You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
• You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
• You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
• You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
• Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
• You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.