Infrastructure Storage Engineer
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
The Infrastructure Platforms Team is responsible for designing, delivering, maintaining and supporting the Infrastructure compute and storage platforms for EBMS globally.
This role is responsible for the operations, implementation, ongoing management and 2nd Line Support of the storage platforms within EBMS. This will include participating in an out of hours on call support rota.
The storage platform is a diverse and complex environment with a mix of both current and legacy platforms. Production platforms include HDS HUS/G Series, Hitachi HNAS, EMC Isilon, Quantum StorNext, Cleversafe, Oracle/StorageTek Tape Libraries and Brocade Fabric switches. Currently the storage team is responsible for approximately 5PB of disk storage, and 50PB of tape-based backup and archive.
Main accountabilities – you will:
The post-holder must have substantial experience in each of the following areas:
• Design, build, management and support of HDS enterprise storage in mission critical environments (egg HUS VM/HUS/”G" Series)
• Design, build, management and support of Fiber Channel SANs (Brocade) and working with NAS protocols (CIFS/NFS)
• Knowledge of and experience with enterprise backup and archive systems
• Providing 2nd line operational support in a 24x7 Environment, including on-call
• Capacity management, planning and reporting for all storage systems
• Rigorous and disciplined approach to documentation and knowledge transfer
• Good understanding of IP Networking, Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Substantial experience fault finding in complex system and network infrastructures including root-cause analysis of storage and fabric related problems
• Managing third party vendors
Additional highly desirable skills and Experience for post-holder:
• Hands-on experience with Quantum StorNext
• IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6+
• Oracle DivArchive and Oracle Tape Libraries
• An understanding of ITIL and experience working in a change controlled environment.
• Experience of Senior Management liaison and of presenting information of a complex technical nature to a variety of audiences.
• Experience of Client liaison, including acting as a Technical representative in meetings with a Client’s technical and non-technical staff
• Knowledge of project work and methodologies, ideally gained through involvement in complex high profile projects in the broadcast sector
• Ability to process and present complex statistical data in a clear and concise fashion for Senior Management consumption
• A clear ability to multi-task in a complex dynamic environment with regularly changing priorities
• A strong belief in and commitment to structured and formalized approaches to documentation
• Deep understanding of customer service with the ability to view systems in terms of service provision rather than discrete technical components, and should see technology as a business enabler
• Strong ownership and sense of responsibility
• An understanding that the role of a technical specialist will occasionally require the flexibility to work out-of-hours and take ownership of service affecting issues until a satisfactory resolution is reached
• A commitment to knowledge sharing, cross skilling and a general appreciation of the need to eliminate single points of failure and enhance systems to the point of “zero effort maintenance”
• An ability to take an evidence-based approach to problems and developments, gather data and demonstrate how proposed solutions will provide optimal outcomes
• High levels of persuasion, persistence and determination, as well as the ability to influence and negotiate with people and present ideas and issues with authority and evidence
• Understanding and appreciation of a formalized service management approach (ITIL for example), including an understanding of incident, problem and change management
• A very high standard of written and spoken English to help facilitate all the above.
What we offer
• We will value your competences
• You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
• You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
• You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
• You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
• Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
• You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.