IP Transmission Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Connect 44 active
View all jobs IP Transmission Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
Connect44 was founded in the heart of Switzerland. Our goal was to support Telecom Operators and Equipment Manufacturers to design, manage and Optimise Mobile Networks. Starting with some of the first 2G voice networks, we began to grow our team of professionals to equip ourselves for new projects with new technologies and new ways of working. Investing substantial amounts of our budget on training, we started to move into 3G then 4G. Soon came the changes to IP networks, VOIP and preparing networks for large amounts of data by modernisation of old analogue networks to the digital standards. Over the past years Connect44 has steadily developed key longterm partnerships with its clients in many European countries with offices in Switzerland, UK, Germany, France, Romania and Chile.Requirements
- BA/BSc degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong technical background in supporting Huawei Access Transport equipment.
- At least 5 years experience in TRx network support, of which at least 2 years in a 2nd / 3rd line support environment.
- Good knowledge and understanding of U2000 platform.
- Experience of service management tools. Use of BMC Remedy and Mycom OSI would be an advantage.
- Fluent English spoken and written
- Management and Operational performance of Access Transport networks.
- Provide assistance to the Front Office on 3rd line network faults, monitors and maintains the operational status of RAN through regular evaluation of trouble ticket reports and performance statistics.
- Engage in Resolver Groups within 3rd parties to resolve defects, problems or incidents.
- FOA support for new hardware and software upgrades, new feature introductions, software updates.
- Responsibility for completion of technical support deliverables defined in the project plan.
- Maintains close relations with third parties, like vendors, to be able to monitor progress of reported problems, known caveats, newly available features, software upgrades and hardware products. This to be able to foresee possible conflicts and improvements to operational services.
- Assist in design, engineering, testing and rollout of newly defined products/services, including automation solutions.
- Take part in on-call rota to provide out-of-hours support.
- Find the resolution/workaround for faults, update trouble reports and dispatch fault repair tasks
- Replace failed resources, activate cold stand-by resource units, support fault management escalations
- Perform functional tests of repaired resources
- Create & update the Preventive Maintenance procedure and schedule
- Prepare step-by-step guideline for all kinds of preventive maintenance tasks in scope of the Access Transport network
- Create the work order for preventive maintenance and implement the planned work order effectively and according to the product guidelines
- Report on the status of Preventive Maintenance result for the Access Transport network