Financial Coordinator | Business Tax Delivery Center
Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
With access to the intellectual capital of approximately 200,000 people worldwide, member firms focus on client service through a global strategy executed locally in nearly 150 countries. The Romanian office was established in 1992 and nowadays it employs over 600 professionals and provides services to diverse range of local and international clients.
As the firm of choice professional services clients, Deloitte is also the firm of choice for for outstanding professional talent. To uphold our first class reputation and sustain our rapid growth, we are constantly seeking people who can meet the challenges of our working environment.
At Deloitte we value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. From the supportive and collaborative culture to the progressive learning and development, you'll experience from day one why Deloitte is a place thousands enjoy working.
Visit now our career website https://jobs2.deloitte.com/ro/en/ to find more about career opportunities, working with us, benefits & culture, and Learning & Development programs.
To qualify for the role you must have:
• Previous experience of working within a finance function
• A high level of experience dealing with time recording and reporting software (e.g. SAP)
• Strong communication skills and an ability to liaise effectively with teams within the wider firm;
• Excellent customer service skills showing attention to detail and customer focus, with a good understanding of the team’s needs and priorities,
• Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to manage, influence and drive actions within a team to achieve desired outcomes;
• Excellent organisational and planning skills;
• Ability to deal with a number of tasks, prioritising and responding as appropriate;
• Able to work autonomously as well as part of a team
• Good attention to detail
• A drive to continually improve processes
• Excellent numerical/analytical skills with advanced Excel skills , including knowledge of macros.
The proposed position will be responsible for driving the financial performance of the Deloitte Transactions Tax business. The successful candidate will
• Work closely with the team (currently c.200 individuals) within Transactions Tax, assisting them with Deloitte’s new time recording and reporting systems in order to ensure the team can properly manage the financial aspects of their client relationships;
• Take responsibility for coordinating with the wider finance team to produce monthly financial reports packs; and
• Work closely with the Business Unit Financial Co-ordinator whose job it is to assist the partners within the team in managing the financial aspects of their client relationships.
This will be a customer focused role, providing support to the team. The role will require a strong understanding of time recording and financial reporting software. The candidate will report to the Transactions Tax COO.
Successful candidates will have a proven ability to drive best practice financial behaviors within the business and, ultimately, improve financial results
Working closely with the team, tasks will include:
• Relationship management
o Working closely with the team to help them solve their queries in regards to the time recording and reporting software.
o Assisting senior members of the team (below partner level) with managing their job codes.
o Ownership of complex financial issues and follow through to solutions.
o Coaching the team on complex SWIFT and financial principles, as required.
o Assisting the COO to monitor team compliance with key metrics and chasing individuals in the team where appropriate where metrics are not being met.
• Monthly financial reporting
o Responsible for preparing financial reports and analysis for inclusion within monthly team financial reporting packs
o Co-ordinating with the Finance team to obtain information for inclusion within monthly team financial reports
o Regular discussions with the COO to understand KPI’s to be covered in monthly financial reports.
o Discuss the financial reporting packs with the COO prior to distribution to partners and where appropriate the wider team.
• Adhoc responsibilities
o Invoicing – To help with the team with invoicing for urgent and complicated invoices
o Engagement Management Set up - Advise the engagement team on the structure for new client work based on billing arrangements, services to be delivered and firm-wide reporting requirements.
o Debtor management - Develop billing plan and collection schedule based on client agreements and consideration of client/Inter-firm payment process. Assist in resolving both client and supplier invoice queries.