Technical support Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Vauban active
View all jobs Technical support Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Vauban is a Romanian Group with more than 11 years of sustainable and healthy growth. We do focus on innovation, learning, entrepreneurship and capacity to find new solutions. The company figures are +450 consultants, +100 clients, having locations in Romania and France.
Our teams daily deliver Technology Services as consultancy (missions at clients’ premises), and also from our delivery center (integration & application development in digital and BI, Software as a Service management, Production, security and infrastructure).
Vauban is also the Romanian partner with Top premium software editors, leader in data governance and security, being responsible to integrate the solutions and to ensure local support.
• At least 2-3 years’ experience with supporting applications in production (ideally Java applications)
• Good understanding of Linux is appreciated
• Curiosity and patience to investigate complex production issues
• Client-driven approach & service oriented
• Good communication skills & ability to summarize key messages
• Scripting: Bash, Python (is appreciated)
• Experience with SQL is appreciated
• Experience with batch jobs is appreciated (e.g. Autosys)
• Tools: XL Deploy, Puppet, GIT, Eclipse or IntelliJ, Maven, Jira, Jenkins, Sonar, Autosys, VM, Cloud.
Nice to have:
• Intermediate understanding of Java, Oracle Database 11g is appreciated
• To be able to challenge the solution provided by the development team
• Be able to challenge the technical/infrastructure patches delivered by GTS
• High autonomy and ability to work in a stressful environment, rigor, cooperation and team spirit.
• Act as the main contact for production
• Technical support: contribute to production monitoring, incident resolution and troubleshooting
• Investigation of production incidents and escalation to development team, if necessary
• Documenting incident patterns and solutions/workarounds to solve them
• Setup the monitoring tools in coordination with the development team and others technical experts
• Develop and maintain the tools necessary to manage the production
• Continuously improve and automate the production monitoring and alerting
• Act as the contact between the GTS (infrastructure) teams and the development team • Build and maintain the environments (production and non-production)
• Co-working with the development team in order to automate & secure the deployment to production
• Working with Continuous Delivery and Agile methodologies
• Participate to the non-business hour’s needs (DR, Infrastructure Week End, Production constraints)
Besides a career what else we offer:
• Competitive remuneration based on qualifications and seniority
• Yearly bonus per company policy
• Discounts for retailers
• Medical services and life insurance
• A modern working environment: open, informal, fun atmosphere
• Continuous training and development programs
• Work from Home 1 day/week.