Junior General Ledger Accountant
GBS (Global Business Services) provides financial, human resources, audit and IT services to the British American Tobacco entities. Our category expertise, large capabilities and international operation makes us a unique business partner who excels in financial leadership and, therefore, offers great shareholder value for BAT.
If you have financial or HR areas background; you thrive when faced with a challenge and you are highly motivated; you want to develop your career in an organisation that will not only recognise the unique attributes you bring but will support your development and reward your contribution,
visit our website @ www.bat-careers.com
• Graduated student (Economic studies);
• Excellent organizing abilities;
• Great attention to detail;
• Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen;
• Finance background is a plus, but not required;
• Good knowledge of MS Office;
• Self-motivated, with strong communication skills and attention to details;
• Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude.
• Contributing to the effective and timely delivery of General Ledger and Fixed Assets services, including: month and year end closure activities, routine journals, accounts reconciliations, etc.
• Supporting the alignment within GBS of the multiple General Ledger and Fixed Assets processes for existing migrated end markets;
• Supporting in terms of General Ledger and Fixed Assets processes the process of migration for new end markets;
• Supporting the other team members by analyzing and eliminating inefficiencies in processes when requested;
• Ensuring that all Reconciliations are completed on time with full supporting information Daily/weekly/monthly duties to be completed according to the department timetable.