This job is no longer active!
View all jobs WorldQuant Research (Romania), LLC Bucharest Branch active
View all jobs Quantitative Researcher active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
|Employer:||WorldQuant Research (Romania), LLC Bucharest Branch|
|Job level:||1 - 5 years of experience|
The Role: Research is at the core of WorldQuant. Through rigorous exploration and unconstrained thinking about how to apply data to the financial markets, our researchers are in constant search of new Alphas. We strive to understand data in ways our competitors don’t believe is possible. Researchers at WorldQuant employ tested processes seeking to identify high-quality predictive signals that we believe are undiscovered by the wider market. These signals are mathematical expressions of data that are used as inputs in our quantitative models.
WorldQuant is seeking mathematics, computer science, physics and engineering majors for a quantitative researcher position. Candidates do not need any prior knowledge of financial markets, but must have a strong interest in learning about stock markets and financial markets. Our highly accomplished senior staff will provide the new hires with mentoring and guidance to help them succeed. Candidates will have a research scientist mind-set; be a self-starter, a creative and persevering deep thinker who is motivated by unsolved challenges.
We offer outstanding career opportunities, including
- competitive financial rewards, relative to performance and position
- friendly and collegial working environment
- opportunity to learn from investment experts
Its Impact: As we pursue our goal of creating new Alphas, we need researchers who will lead us there. WorldQuant’s unique investment platform is a leader amongst its peers and the methodology we employ is cutting edge. We desire people who will help us in our relentless pursuit to succeed.
What You’ll Bring:
- Degree from a leading university (Ph.D. or M.Sc. preferred, but B.Sc. graduates with honors acceptable) in a highly analytical quantitative field such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Financial Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related
- Ranked as top 20% in class for bachelor's degree
- Be competent in a programming language (Python, C++ or similar)
- Have a strong interest in learning about worldwide financial markets
- Excellent problem solving abilities and judgment with a strong attention to detail
- Mature, thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Strong English language skills; ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms
- Exhibit a strong work ethic