IT Expert L3 → Linux
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Our client is the world leader in prepaid corporate services, designs and manages solutions that improve the efficiency of organizations and purchasing power to individuals.
As part of the company’s digital transformation, they have launched a major program to rationalize and modernize its IT infrastructures through a large-scale private and public cloud migration while restructuring and consolidating existing IT operations to create a global organization – a new Information Technology Center.
- Expert on performance tuning
- Strong experience with Linux Operating System and how to securely hardenize a Linux
- Knowledge on middleware - ssh/apache/tomcat/nginx/mariadb/ftp/sftp/selinux/php
- Bash scripting
- Executive presence through excellent written and verbal communication and presentation.
- Proven analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Excellent management and organization skills.
- Solid oral and written communication, problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to manage/be part of highly intercultural teams.
- Team spirit.
- Strong service orientation minded with leadership, solid oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to guide and influence acceptance of new expertise domain.
- Ability to collaborate with remote teams in a strong multicultural environment.
- Fluent English speaker.
Nice to have:
- Fluent French and/or Spanish speaker.
- Knowledge of IT group organization, processes and stakeholders.
- ITIL Foundations
- Work experience: +5 years
- Minimum education level: Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication, Computer Science or related field
Main job purpose is the administration and troubleshooting of current infrastructure (both private cloud and Azure):
- Contributing to the development of new IT systems (build phase)
- Ensuring Level 3 (L3) management and treatment of events such as incidents, problems, changes in accordance with ITIL v3 principles
- Supporting IT operational teams and Business key–users if needed
- Ensuring the relationship between IT Design and Run phases
- Developing IT standards related to the Oracle platforms
- Contributing to IT system innovation and obsolescence
Ensure consistency of a range of technologies / Systems as well as their evolution (methodological tools) in order to optimize usage in service portfolio and associated supporting infrastructures, contributing to IT Total Cost of Ownership optimization.
Mainly Responsible for:
As expert related to a dedicated IT domain:
- Qualify technologies.
- Manage technologies on a day-to-day basis:
o Clarity to counterparts, performance analysis, footprint development...
- Review and analyses specified problems and issues to identify the best technical/professional solutions.
- Make technical/professional recommendations which have a perceptible impact on business performance.
- Determine own work plans and co-ordinates inputs from others to meet specific objectives.
- Identifies and makes recommendations for improvements to ways of working which will enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the discipline.
- Contributes to the training and guidance of other professionals in the field.
- May represent the company as a subject matter expert with suppliers, customers and external agencies.
- Develops peer networks within and outside the business to enhance own knowledge and expertise
As Support Level 3 (L3)
- Resolve and treat IT events
- Participate to the Change Advisory Board (CAB) if needed
- Manage the link with IT Design and production teams
- Support Level 1 teams
- Draft Level 1 (L1) procedures to increase the IT effectiveness
- Provide recommendation and assists with developing improvements around domain expertise and the overall quality of work produced by the team.
- Measure and optimize the efficiency of the application by teams related to IT expertise domain.
- Set up the plans of improvement.