Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is
respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international
standards setting bodies.
Over the last three years we are the fastest growing large accounting organisation and we are constantly evolving and developing
alongside our clients’.
• 1-2 years of tax advisory experience within a professional services environment;
• University degree, preferably with an emphasis in economics, finance or law (an advanced degree in economics, law, tax or accounting is desirable);
• Fluent in English;
• Working knowledge in tax areas such as corporate income tax, VAT, individual taxation and other tax issues;
• Broad exposure to international taxation preferred;
• Professional tax qualifications or working towards gaining one;
• Understanding of Romanian accounting standards and rules;
• Computer literate with MS Office;
• Interest in working in an international environment;
• Strong organizational, analytical and verbal/written communication skills;
Tax advisory brings a multi-disciplinary approach to assisting clients with income and indirect taxes, international tax issues, private client matters, and maximizing human capital. Tax professionals from Grant Thornton Romania help clients respond to the difficulties experienced with their local as well as global operations in multiple jurisdictions.
As a Senior Tax Consultant, you will be responsible for managing multiple client engagements and supporting the development of tax practice within Grant Thornton Romania. You will also have supervisory and coaching responsibility with more junior staff while retaining the capacity to broaden your technical skills.
Within this role, you will be able to work in projects in the following tax areas:
• General tax advisory services;
• Structuring, Transactions and M&A including: Tax due diligence; Restructuring process optimization; Process implementation;
• Taxation on cross-border transactions and withholding tax;
• Indirect taxation services;
• Tax reviews - analysis of a company's tax situation;
• Assistance during tax audits;
• Assistance with recovery of VAT paid by foreign businesses;
• Assistance in communicating with tax authorities concerning day-to-day business;
• Assistance in tax disputes and litigation support; and
• Compliance services.