Business Analyst - Platform Team
The Access Group is a leading provider of business software to mid-sized UK organisations. It helps more than 14,000 customers across commercial and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient.Requirements
• Flexible and pragmatic, able to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines by using effective analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrates good behaviours: positive, results focused, assertive, commercially aware and driven to continuous learning/improvement
• Strong communication, influencing, negotiation and collaboration skills
• Demonstrates sound judgement, able to make decisions independently whilst recognising when to escalate for more senior approval
• Proactive, works at pace, goal orientated with a strong delivery/milestone focus
• Identify issues early and prioritising appropriately.
• Have a strong commitment to quality.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly
• Attention to detail and consistent application of standards
• Ability to take on the user perspective and to reflect this within the stories.
• Ability to interpret a high level specification into user stories.
• Thorough knowledge of agile development methods, processes and best practices
• Good organisational skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work on own and within a team
• Ability to work to tight timescales
• Ability to work on a variety of projects at once when required
• Willingness to adapt to fast changes in work priorities when required
• Be the representative within the development for the Product Manager across a variety of products as required
• Gather the requirements from the Product Manager and other Stakeholders, and own the conversion of the requirements into stories and supporting documents
• Clearly identify and describe product backlog items in order to build a shared understanding of the problem and solution with the product development team
• Make decisions in conjunction with the Product Manager regarding the priority of product backlog items in order to deliver maximum outcome with minimum output
• Determine whether a product backlog item was satisfactorily delivered
• Ensure transparency into the upcoming work of the product development team
• Prepare and execute sufficient tests to satisfy yourself that the stories are of good quality and ready for release. Where additional tests or QA skills are required, you will liaise with the QA team to agree the test strategy and plan
• Work collaboratively with other development teams and stakeholders to ensure that dependencies are managed and issues and risks are communicated
• Contribute to product launch and Go to Market collateral
• Develop and maintain a sound understanding of customers’ business processes and requirements
Access is one of most successful and fastest growing software groups in the UK. On-going commitment to excellence, customers and employees has also placed the company among the UK’s top employers in The Sunday Times’ 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for a number of years.
Over the last 5 years, we have gone from 380 employees to now currently over 1500, through both organic growth and acquisition. Access have a 2022 vision to be one of the top 10 UK Software companies which will create huge opportunity for employees and see us gain even more market share. We now have over 15,000 customers using our software and services, which include SaaS, ERP, finance, HR, Payroll, CRM, warehousing, business intelligence, professional services automation, Health and Social Care, Not for Profit, hospitality and manufacturing.
This role requires an experienced business analyst to work as part of an established team focused on delivering business requirements within our Platform team
The Business Analyst role is predominantly inward-facing, typically fulfilling the Product Owner role within an Agile Development (Scrum) Team, focusing on how best to build and support what the Product Manager is requesting on behalf of customers and the market.
You will act as the representative of the Product Manager and with sufficient understanding of the market, the customer and the business to make sound, informed decisions.
With responsibility for accepting that stories are done, meeting the agreed acceptance criteria, you will prepare and execute sufficient tests to satisfy yourself that the stories are of good quality and ready for release.
As a member of the Development department you will be required to ensure that the department responsibilities are met - maintaining a high standard of quality in its procedures, processes and the software produced. You will be working within an Agile development environment, using Scrum and 2 weekly sprints; and will be expected to actively contribute to this process.
This role requires you to work across a variety of products and projects within the platform and your priorities and workstreams can change regularly