Senior Java Developer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Phi Partners active
View all jobs Senior Java Developer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Are you an experienced Java professional looking to move to an investment banking context, or to become expert in the last OLAP cube technology?
- Investment Banking clients with complex Java frameworks typically to support pricing and risk calculations for their trading portfolios, or around their wider trade lifecycle management.
- Investment Banking clients with ActivePivot – an in-memory OLAP platform supporting their complex Risk calculations
- Dozens of projects relating to these Java installations: implementation of new risk measures, integration and migration programmes, functional improvements, performance improvements, financial product implementations… every project is different.
- Talented senior Java developers with a minimum of 6 years of experience and an interest to work in an investment banking context.
- If you have an interest to become an expert in the leading OLAP technology in this space, that’s great too.
- You have a computer science background, and a strong foundation in core Java version 8, 9 (at least 6 years).
- You have experience of algorithm fundamentals, together with multi-threaded and low-latency theory and systems.
- You have worked with Spring, Spring Boot, web services (SOAP, REST), Maven
- You have a good understanding of database technologies (RDBMS, SQL, NoSQL)
- You have experience of deployment within a web application (Tomcat, Jetty)
- You are very familiar with source control and SDLC workflow management tools like GIT, SVN, Jenkins etc.
- You understand test-driven development, and deployment using CI
- You are comfortable in a UNIX environment
- It would be real bonus if you also have knowledge and experience of many of the following:
- Analysis tools and OLAP technologies (ActivePivot, Microsoft Analysis Services)
- BigData systems (Spark).
- RESTful Services
- JSON processing and binding
- Enterprise integration systems or understanding of integration architecture (EIP, JMS)
- Distributed systems
- Java Memory Model and Garbage Collection
- Java profiling (JMC, JProfiler, Jstack), JMX
- BDD (Cucumber) and Agile methodology
- Widely used trading or risk management systems, such as Murex, Sophis, Summit, Calypso, Front Arena
More about the roleWe are looking for a senior Java professional to form part of our Java & ActivePivot practice. Every client project is different, but typical responsibilities would include:
- Proposing and implementing technical solutions by developing and maintaining Java based components and interfaces
- Defining technical objectives by analysing user requirements and proposing system features and functionality
- Determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests (using TDD/BDD).
- Integrating applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; establishing connectivity with network systems and information servers
- Creating development solutions based on best practice; contributing to team meetings; trouble-shooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Mentoring and occasional management of more junior team members
- Supporting customers (internal and external) by developing documentation and assistance tools