Senior Java Developer
Are you an experienced Java professional looking to move to an investment banking context, or to become expert in the last OLAP cube technology?
- Investment Banking clients with complex Java frameworks typically to support pricing and risk calculations for their trading portfolios, or around their wider trade lifecycle management.
- Investment Banking clients with ActivePivot – an in-memory OLAP platform supporting their complex Risk calculations
- Dozens of projects relating to these Java installations: implementation of new risk measures, integration and migration programmes, functional improvements, performance improvements, financial product implementations… every project is different.
- Talented senior Java developers with a minimum of 6 years of experience and an interest to work in an investment banking context.
- If you have an interest to become an expert in the leading OLAP technology in this space, that’s great too.
- You have a computer science background, and a strong foundation in core Java version 8, 9 (at least 6 years).
- You have experience of algorithm fundamentals, together with multi-threaded and low-latency theory and systems.
- You have worked with Spring, Spring Boot, web services (SOAP, REST), Maven
- You have a good understanding of database technologies (RDBMS, SQL, NoSQL)
- You have experience of deployment within a web application (Tomcat, Jetty)
- You are very familiar with source control and SDLC workflow management tools like GIT, SVN, Jenkins etc.
- You understand test-driven development, and deployment using CI
- You are comfortable in a UNIX environment
- It would be real bonus if you also have knowledge and experience of many of the following:
- Analysis tools and OLAP technologies (ActivePivot, Microsoft Analysis Services)
- BigData systems (Spark).
- RESTful Services
- JSON processing and binding
- Enterprise integration systems or understanding of integration architecture (EIP, JMS)
- Distributed systems
- Java Memory Model and Garbage Collection
- Java profiling (JMC, JProfiler, Jstack), JMX
- BDD (Cucumber) and Agile methodology
- Widely used trading or risk management systems, such as Murex, Sophis, Summit, Calypso, Front Arena
More about the roleWe are looking for a senior Java professional to form part of our Java & ActivePivot practice. Every client project is different, but typical responsibilities would include:
- Proposing and implementing technical solutions by developing and maintaining Java based components and interfaces
- Defining technical objectives by analysing user requirements and proposing system features and functionality
- Determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests (using TDD/BDD).
- Integrating applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; establishing connectivity with network systems and information servers
- Creating development solutions based on best practice; contributing to team meetings; trouble-shooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Mentoring and occasional management of more junior team members
- Supporting customers (internal and external) by developing documentation and assistance tools