Junior Java Developer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Phi Partners active
View all jobs Junior Java Developer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
Are you a Java developer looking to put your technical skills to use in an investment banking context?
- Clients in the capital markets space building Java solutions typically to support pricing and risk calculations for their trading portfolios.
- Dozens of related projects: pricing framework implementations, pricing model integration, market data integration, performance improvements, regulatory requirements, new product implementations… every project is different.
- Talented Java developers like you with an interest in investment banking
- You have a computer science or mathematical background, with strong mathematical capability and at least intermediate levels of Java – preferably Java SE 8, Java EE 7).
- We hope your wider technical skills include Java Script and Python, and it would be great if you also have some experience of Spring, Spring Boot, SOAP/REST web services, Maven, Persistence, JSON processing and binding, Dependency Injection, Database technologies (RDBMS, SQL, NoSQL), UNIX, and web application deployment (Tomcat, Jetty).
- C++ is a bonus – but if C++ is your passion, we are also looking for C++ developers so please do check out our other job posts.
- You have worked in a software development context and have an understanding of the wider processes. You have likely worked with source control management systems and used workflow management tools (like GIT, Jenkins, JIRA) and you’re hopefully familiar with Agile / Scrum setups. If you have done test-driven development or CI, even better.
- You have an understanding of, or a strong interest in investment banking – the financial products traded in the Capital Markets space: Swaps, Options, FX, Equities… as well as the business flow for front office, back office and risk.
- You are interested in work with a Java / Quant Development focus within a wider role fulfilling many technical functions in the development lifecycle: technical analysis, assisting in requirements definition, technical design, implementation, technical testing, defect fixing, providing workarounds, occasional documentation, environment and configuration troubleshooting...
- It goes without saying that you have excellent written and spoken English and are proficient in Excel and Word.
- You will receive relevant training in a structured fashion from the day you join, and we will look to put you into a hands-on role almost immediately – it’s the best way to learn! But you will never be alone: you will be mentored by more senior colleagues and you are always part of a wider, very friendly team of experts willing to share their knowledge.
- Our more junior developers continue to build on and broaden their technical skills and also become increasingly expert in a wide variety financial products and related business processes. You will follow a promotion track in line with your achievements and the experience you have gained:
- Those with a particular mathematical leaning will specialise in our more quantitative / front office services. Others develop a breadth of skills and knowledge across the full functionality of our clients’ Java solutions and will undertake many different flavours of client projects.
- Depending on your preference, there is a path into development management – moving into team leadership positions, technical advisory, technical architect or even technical project management roles. For those who wish to remain very hands-on, promotion will reflect the breadth and depth of your technical skills and business knowledge.
We also have opportunities to train as an ActivePivot specialist – ActivePivot is an industry-leading OLAP engine widely used to provide financial risk analytics. Let us know if this sounds interesting!