Virtualization Specialist (SAP Project)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Lenovo active
View all jobs Virtualization Specialist (SAP Project) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
At Lenovo, innovation isn’t just what we do, it’s part of our DNA. It doesn’t just make us who we are, it flows through everything we do—from the smartphone in your pocket and light bulbs in your smart home to the servers in your data center. And beyond.Requirements
- This position requires to be a good team player (interfacing with partners and development teams globally), self-motivated, taking ownership of complex problems with confidence and enthusiasm and work without the need to have close supervision of the manager.
- Experience in Linux system administration, esp. script development
- Programming languages: Python, Bash
- High Availability, Virtualization, Clustering
- VMware/vSAN, KVM/AHV
- Strong debugging skills and a methodical approach are a must
- Analytical thinking
- Problem analysis (Kernel, RAM, Performance)
- Problem documentation and –tracking
- Tuning and Performance optimization
- Willingness to work with customers in problem resolution with the ability to restore customer confidence and satisfaction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Hardware-Administration, especially incl. Diagnosis and firmware maintenance
- Hardware- / Software-Configuration & Architecture
- File IO performance
- IBM SpectrumScale/ IBM GPFS
- Storage administration: IBM vSeries, Lenovo DSseries, NetApp, SAN switches
A part of the project work to develop HW and Infrastructure Solutions for SAP, especially SAP HANA, is transferred to Lenovo DCG Development Lab Bucharest.
You are responsible with your team mates for maintaining the existing code base for the solution installer, the support script, and the solution documentation, and to certify new levels of OS, SAP, FW, and other components of the solution as required.
You are specifically responsible for HANA on Virtualization layers like VMware and AHV (Nutanix). Additionally, you provide development level support for your product and fix issues that L1/L2/L3 have not been able to address.
Your initiative to go beyond this basic requirement and enhance the solution e.g. by developing new lifecycle solutions for seamless customer experience is highly appreciated.
There will be many opportunities to learn about solution design, architectural concepts, and enterprise level software development processes.