SaaSOps Software Engineering Manager ($100K/year) - Remote Work
The SaaSOps Engineering Manager ($100K/year) will be expected to ensure the availability, uptime and cost optimization of our high-quality products. You should have an always-on mentality, a passion for metrics-driven decisions, and a desire to execute drastically differentiated technical operations processes using cutting edge technologies.
Our managers typically lead a team of 5-20 talented people, consisting of Engineers, Architects, and Chief Architects. We expect you to constantly improve the quality of team performance by coaching and mentoring. You are expected to leverage your technical depth as a former sysadmin, developer, and architect to push the team towards a high standard of technical excellence and be achieving the organization's quality bar.
Our business methodology is to set aggressive quarterly goals for our products, which are driven by our product management team or the overall IT strategy. We measure performance weekly and the SaaSOps Engineering Manager will be expected to lead their team towards achieving daily and weekly goals. At Crossover, we set high-quality bars and push for constant improvements.
- Ensure that our multi-tenant infrastructure running more than 100 different products yields four nines and more of availability
- Mentor your teams of Chief architect, architects and engineers to deliver a consistently high-quality product which has a high “First Time Acceptance Rate” from the engineering leadership
- Eliminate complexity from both architecture and processes
- Optimize our public cloud computing costs
- Manage the uptime error budget of your product
- Perform capacity planning and pre-launch reviews
- Employ modern instrumentation to enable production applications and infrastructure observability and then act upon the results
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in hands-on system administration, Cloud/SaaS/PaaS operations
- Proven managerial skills with at least 3 years of experience managing teams of 5-10 people
- Production experience in SaaSOps/TechOps/Infrastructure Ops/DevOps, as well as networking, performance, security
- Excellent level of English proficiency
Nice to have:
- Understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtualization, source control, build and test automation, and code quality automation technologies
- Demonstrate success as a problem solver
- Be a results-oriented individual
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world