Explore Manufacturing IT - Tire Division
The Tire division is known for maximizing safety through short braking distances and excellent grip as well as reducing fuel consumption by minimizing rolling resistance. Tires are the vehicle's only link with the road. They have to transmit all forces onto four areas of the road surface that are roughly the size of a postcard. In critical situations, it is the technology level of the tires that determines whether a vehicle is able to stop in time or stay in the correct lane during cornering maneuvers.
What the Manufacturing IT Trainee Program looks like: According to attachment:
* Introduction to technologies and machines in PLT/CVT Plant ¬ department rotation, a profound introduction into plant operations, production processes and IT systems;
* 4 month shop floor experience including 2 weeks shift work;
* Manufacturing/Engineering/IT projects within the plant (min. 2) including PROMT training;
* Working together with local Business Partners throughout the program;
* Introduction to IT Concepts, Manufacturing Systems, and Systems Interfaces ¬ develop understanding of the data flow, capabilities and limitations of standard IT systems;
* Training with data analysis and software development tools and practices (SQL, Visual Studio, Tableau, Qlik, etc);
* IT Project coordination to ensure requirements of Shop Floor and IT;
* Training in technical problem solving;
* Project based training and assignments in a group of Manufacturing and Engineering, R&D and Manufacturing Controlling Trainees;
* 1 individual assignment in Manufacturing/Engineering or IT;
* 1 group assignment of in Manufacturing/Engineering or IT;
* 1 Global Business Assignment (group assignment in cooperation with M&E, R&D and Controlling Trainee Pools);
* Technical Training of Tire Technology, Tire Development and Tire Production;
* Soft skill trainings: Intercultural Training, CBS Training, Teambuilding;
* The trainee pool is self organized as a PROMT project.
* Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science or comparable qualification (e.g. IT specialists or graduates from technical high/secondary/vocational schools with 2-3 years working experience. Preferably, in technology development, in a producing company with high degree of automation or digitalization, especially in the following fields: Production Processes, Databases, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Programming).
* Broad overview of IT infrastructure, Database Systems, Windows Operating systems and Office 365.
* First experience in the realization of IT projects desirable.
* Enthusiasm for "smart manufacturing", digitalization and Internet of Things.
* Strong analytical capabilities, capacity for structured thinking and coping with high complexity.
* Strong interpersonal- and communication skills, committed team player in a multicultural environment.
* Eager to improve and support production processes.
* Driven by passion, open minded personality, high operational readiness.
* Upper Intermediate (B2) level of written and spoken English.
* Advanced (C1) level of the local language required.
* Willingness to travel internationally (6 months stay abroad).
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance);
* Health & Wellness Benefits (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* Flexible Working Schedule and Work from Home;
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.