DevOps Engineer (partial rellocation to Netherlands)
Luxoft is a global IT service provider with more than 12800 expert skilled software engineers onboard that create high-end business solutions for the world’s largest brands. Luxoft’s global client base consists primarily of large multinational corporations.
We serve over 150 clients from our delivery centers in North America, Mexico, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, and South Africa. Luxoft is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:LXFT). With deep domain expertise in the finance, technology, automotive, telecom, travel & aviation and energy, the company consistently goes beyond its clients’ expectations by bringing together technology, talent, innovation, and the highest quality standards.
Reasons to join us
• Attractive salary and benefits package
• We invest into your professional training including business domain knowledge, and allow you to grow your professional career.
• We encourage creative-thinking into an open-minded work environment. Frequently the relaxation rooms are the place where the most ambitions ideas are born.
• We are not just professional teams, we are also friends that have fun working together
• If you are an active person and you feel motivated by the creation/development of the software solutions, then this is the place to be, you will not get bored.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery: Git, build pipelines (Jenkins/Bamboo)
- Software configuration management: with Puppet/Ansible/Vagrant
- Systems engineering: Linux (RedHat), virtualization (VMWare/VirtualBox), monitoring (Nagios/Splunk/etc.)
- containerization (Docker/Kubernetes)
Administration and Configuration of virtualized software infrastructure.Alte informatii
Client has an installed base of hundreds of scanner systems worldwide. In order to meet up time contract agreements the system down-time must be kept to an absolute minimum. The traditional way to diagnose a system failure is to send engineers to a failing machine and let them execute the diagnostics and calibration procedures using a set of procedures and software tools.
This way-of-working introduces travel time and relies on the skills of individual engineers.
Client is about to change that way of working by introducing a server on-site that continuously y monitors all scanners in a customer domain. The server must detect (upcoming) system failure and identify what corrective actions are needed via a knowledge and procedure database. In the calibration phase this server will initiate the required service actions on the scanner with correct settings and timings (which is highly configuration dependent)