Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree;
• 2+ years’ experience in Oracle PL/SQL development;
• Understanding of data modelling concepts;
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies;
• Ability to perform SQL tuning of queries;
• Strong in debugging and understanding existing code for modifications;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Attention to detail and accuracy;
• Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations;
• Self-motivated, strong team player;
• Willing to dedicate time to understand the Recruiting business model and the operational needs;
• Able to maintain absolute discretion regarding confidential and / or sensitive information;
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Any of the following would be a Plus:
• Apply technical skills, expertise and principles of software engineering to design, develop, maintain, test and evaluate software using PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle APEX and other technologies;
• Understand scope of work, analyze requirements and prepare technical solution, estimates, recommendations and identify limitations;
• Co-ordinate development efforts with other team members to ensure project delivery
• Create and maintain technical documentation;
• Follow the internal secure coding standards and quality directives.
This position is part of the Software Development team within Oracle Talent Advisory (OTA). In this role, you will work directly with project managers, project stakeholders, subject matter experts and other developers on delivering new systems or enhancements to existing applications that support business workflows or reporting & analytics solutions.