Threat Intelligence Senior Specialist
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day acrolients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a
The successful candidate will perform as a multi-disciplinary analyst employing various skills and experiences to identify anomalous behavior indicative of an outsider or insider threat; and uses host-based insider threat detection, analysis and correlation tools to develop a comprehensive picture of the potential threat. Our future colleague will collect, review, interpret, correlate and analyze related data to identify behavior indicative of a potential threat.
- Monitor external intelligence ingestion and provide metrics for management
- Contribute to periodic intelligence reports and summaries on various actors and events to senior leadership; participate in related company and/or industry joint intelligence operations activities
- Provide support and for the organization’s day-to-day counterintelligence and insider threat programs
- Maintain knowledge of the threat landscape by monitoring open and closed intelligence sources
- Conduct deep-dive intelligence analysis of suspicious activity and attempted attacks
- Automate responses to intelligence sources establish end-to-end playbooks
- Collaborate with the Information Security team to provide quick response and have an up-to-date view of current enterprise security status, capabilities and risk exposure
- Build upon existing capability, recommending cutting-edge tools and procedures to detect threats and protect the firm’s intellectual property and assets
- Produce and share confirmed indicators and intelligence with trusted communities
- Continuous improvement of relevant intelligence sources and methods
- Maintain current workflows and develop new ones as needed
- Implement and maintain API integrations between internal systems to provide enrichment and support workflows
- Advise incident responders as they develop and coordinate response, containment and remediation capabilities as appropriate
- Assisting entities in support of formal investigations and/or inquiries to resolve insider threat related matters, employee misconduct, or violations of law.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the Information Security field
- Ability to relate to development of information and intelligence reports
- Knowledge of Windows and/or Linux systems and associated scripting languages
- Entry level security certification (CompTIA Security+, Microsoft MTA Security, ISACA CSX, GISF, SSCP)
- Demonstrated experience working with any of the following:
- Security Information and Event Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Endpoint Security
- Web Security
- Incident Response
- Detailed knowledge of Firewalls, Enterprise E-mail Systems and / or Incident Management.
- Log analysis capabilities for various security systems or infrastructure devices
- Attention to detail and focus on providing vetted information
- Intelligence Community experience and/or experience at an international institution conducting cyber or security/intelligence related work
- Working knowledge of global threats to international cyber security, and conversant in the tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber adversaries
- Experience with analytical problem solving and familiar with conducting operations relating to insider threat, counterintelligence investigations, and counterespionage.
- Certifications: GCIA, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, GSEC, OSCP, OSCE, OSCP, or similar certification
- Certifications: Insider Threat Program Manager (ITPM), Insider Threat Vulnerability Assessor (ITVA)
- Microsoft`s MCSA / MCSE certifications
- Static and dynamic malware analysis
- Scripting knowledge: Perl, Python, PowerShell, JSON, VBScript
Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.