Senior Advisor - SIEM Platform Manager
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day acrolients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a
The SIEM Platform Manager will be expected to leverage Splunk in order for:
- Standard Log Sources On-Boarding, by taking part in the planning, testing and implementation of the new device or host deployment projects and providing the SIEM requirements for its successful on-boarding
- New Log Source Type On-Boarding Projects, by providing assistance on onboarding new appliances/servers into the SIEM platform, providing requirements and verifying that the on-boarding has been done successfully
- Configuration Back-up, by creating an automatic back-up task or on demand based on an agreed schedule with the Customer and performing weekly reviews of the back-up mechanisms
- Maintaining the SIEM platform up to date by downloading, testing and performing platform updates
- Third party Security Feed testing and integration
- Risk/Compliance statistical reports of the current logging status for the whole environment, or for specific groups or departments.
- Creating and implementing SIEM data retention policy, based on Customer requirements
- Expanding the SIEM Infrastructure, by providing the required change details in a timely manner to the Customer
- Integrate the SIEM platform with 3rd party technologies, when applicable (. Tripwire)
- Threat Use Case Planning, by identifying the threat use cases that are of upmost importance to the organization by means of reviewing Enterprise risk management, cyber risk assessment reports and 3rd party Security feeds
- Threat Use Case Design, which will include an understanding of attacks through attack trees, recognizing threats via indicators, and the gathering of intelligence for research and planning purposes
- Threat Use Case Builds, by specifying an alert description, criticality, applicable log sources, log events and thresholds for the alert, response phases and objectives and the alert workflow
- Correlated SIEM rule proposal and subsequent creation, based on identified threat use cases
- Threat Use Case documentation and hands-on training on proposed correlated rules
- Interfacing with the SIEM vendor, for the purposes of support case management
- Working Schedule is 12 hours shifts by rotation.
- 5+ years of experience in cyber security
- Previous experience with Splunk or QRadar administration and content development
- University education, degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Network and Security
- Detailed knowledge of security technologies and trends.
- Possess active industry certifications such as Comptia Security+, SSCP, GCIH, GCIA or related
- Working knowledge/experience of network systems security principles and applications
- Fundamental understanding of defense strategies.
Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.