This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Orange active
View all jobs Software engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Orange's Network Services Shared Operations team supports business partners across Europe, Africa, and the Middle East to leverage modern tools and expertise to reduce operational costs and maintain the high performance required by their clients and stakeholders.
You will be part of a specialized group of software engineers, tasked to independently design and deliver a next-generation operations support product, relying heavily on data capture and analysis to reduce the need for human intervention across monitoring, supervision, connectivity, asset and configuration activities for hybrid cloud infrastructures deployed across the group's geographical footprint.
Who you are:
Friendly and open to collaborate with peers and stakeholders;
- Always challenging yourself to learn new things and master skills you already developed;
What you will be doing:
End to end ownership of a specific subsection of the product, based on your capabilities and immediate interest.
Product development, performance tuning, and dealing with the unexpected/arcane.
- Potentially working with the open source community. If the product meets its design objectives, based on your recommendation we can open the code for external contributors.
Working with stakeholders in various engineering and business groups to match design and delivery schedules with their needs.
Working with operations and infrastructure teams to develop and implement the support and run model.
- Document your work, internally and for the open source community, should we get there.
What you bring:
At least 3 years' experience as a software engineer.
- Good algorithms/optimization/problem solving skills.
- Language agnosticism, you need to pick the tools to solve the problems you have, not try to solve problems with the tools you know to use.
Experience with low level development (resource virtualization, network connectivity and real time capture/processing, hypervisors)
- Experience working with data models, data analysis, and decision algorithms
- Experience/willingness to learn/develop machine learning models for data analysis
- Experience developing storage and archival strategies for large data sets
- Experience writing APIs and other interfaces for exchanging data between systems.
- [optional]Experience with front end design, with a focus on simplifying UI/UX.
Thank you for applying!