This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Orange active
View all jobs Data Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
Our Big Data Team is seeking a Data Engineer who possesses a base of programming skills and has a passion to learn new tools and techniques in a Big Data landscape that is endlessly changing.
The solutions we are providing are being used within Orange Group by more than 30 affiliates.
You will be part of a young and dynamic organization together with software developers, integrators, system engineers, service and project managers.
In your daily activities you will have the opportunity to work on cloud environments with open source technologies and DevOps tools while delivering in Agile methodology.
What you will be doing:
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible of data processes in one or more big/fast data environments, including data ingestion, standardization, metadata management, business rule curation, data enhancement, and statistical computation against data sources that include relational, XML,JSON, streaming, REST API, and unstructured data. You will interact with Services Operation teams in order to have an end to end integration while providing accurate deployment and operability details.
Our role as a team is to understand, prepare, process and analyze data to drive operational, analytical and strategic business decisions.
What you bring:
• Linux systems (system and network parameters)
• Experienced in at least one of the following: Scala, Java or Python
• Experience with Hadoop deployment / configuration and usage.
• 3 years of experience in service integration, deployment of services, acceptance of applications and systems.
• Knowledge of virtualization technologies (mainly Openstack cloud)
Would be a plus:
• Previous software development; packaging and versioning of software applications
• Experience with automation deployment tools (chef, ansible, etc)
• Experience with Pig, Hive, Oozie, Flink, Chef, Apache NiFi
• Network concepts: switching, load balancing, routing, firewalls, IPs, DNS
Working language(s) : excellent English, French will be a plus
Thank you for applying!