2nd Level Support Engineer - Retail Applications
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
• Fluent in English, written and oral
• Proven record of previous similar employments
• Ability to turn work around quickly whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy
• Ability to work under pressure and multitasking in a busy Customer Service Call Centre environment
• Customer focus - good listener who remains calm when dealing with customers, able to deliver great customer service to required standards in a professional and polite manner
• Enthusiastic - genuinely wanting to deliver a first class service
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy in all work.
• Articulate and methodical in approach
• Ability to develop specific customer knowledge over time
• Availability to work in shifts, during weekends and holidays 24 X 7 X 365
• A willingness to learn is essential: extensive on-the-job training, use of self-learning tools and documentation
Skills - Essential
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Advanced Computer skills with a strong interest in IT (hardware, networks, MS Windows, Microsoft Office, Print Setup, Internet Explorer…)
• Excellent 2nd Level Software / Application and systems support experience in a Support environment.
• Strong problem solving skill and capacity of analyzing high amounts of data
• Experience of supporting/administering Microsoft SQL Server
• Experience of supporting Java Application is not mandatory but is great plus for candidate
• Experience of supporting Microsoft Windows Server Systems.
• Familiarity with Operating Systems (2003, 2008, XP, Oracle, and VM Ware)
• Working knowledge of Networks, PCs and troubleshooting installation issues
• Ability to effectively explain technical issues to non-technical users and peers.
• Previous experience in Retail System Software is not mandatory but is great plus for candidate
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Technologies
• Strong verbal communication skills, able to tailor communication so that it is clear and easy to understand
• Good interpersonal skills and a team player, able to work as part of multi-disciplinary teams
• Availability to work in normal and late shifts (night shifts not required)
• Availability to work in weekend shifts (2 per month – compensated as overtime or free day)
• Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
• Flexibility with people and time.
Experience – Desirable
• Micros Retail Products
• An understanding of the Retail business
• Good Knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server and writing/understanding queries
• Good Knowledge in JAVA/Linux troubleshooting is a benefit
• Basic/Advanced Knowledge of Network Systems (routing, client-server troubleshooting)
• Advanced Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems - administration and security
• Convey passion for Clients, Colleagues, Partners and Identify and opportunities for collaboration in a professional way with other teams to achieve company goals and customer satisfaction
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
In this role, you will provide guidance and real time resolution on a wide range of technical and non-technical customer issues including, but not limited to: product compatibility and configuration, license reconciliation, support entitlements and validation, invoice and shipping inquiries, electronic support troubleshooting and product availability. Also, you will be the point of contact for new customers, introducing and educating them on Oracle as a whole. You will also have the opportunity to gain knowledge of specific product areas within our core technologies and/or applications.
Characteristics & Competencies in line with the Company Essential Values
• Go beyond the boundaries of your job description in order to get a good result
• Question and challenge the adequacy and quality of traditional thinking and the status quo; be receptive to new ideas and methods of working
• Use superior skills and knowledge to produce excellent work that we are all proud of
• Be open, honest, and professional with colleagues, clients and 3rd parties
• Identify and act on opportunities for collaboration with other teams to achieve company goals and enhance client service
• Provide 2nd Level Support for RGBU Retail Point Of Sale applications
• Take on Customer call pass-through by the 1st level team for a priority issue
• Take the ownership of assigned incidents
• For all the ticket escalated keep all colleagues and people involved in the situation until a solution is reached
• Share expertise on Troubleshooting to help colleagues and increase knowledge in team
• Become an expert user of Retail Software support to assure a proper support to the customer
• Identify and replicate software bugs in collaboration with internal/external Software Development teams
• Produce technical/procedure documentation for use by the Software Support Team, 1st / 2nd Level Support
• Identify opportunities for improvement in Oracle Micros System and procedures, making appropriate recommendations to your Shift Supervisor / Line Manager
• Work as part of a team and also on own initiative.
• Research and update knowledge system using available information resources
• Follow Global and Standard ITIL procedures
• Identify and escalate to Management the situations requiring urgent attention and may be a potential issue before customer escalation
• Support on site technicians by till installation and set up
• Prepare activity reports for discussions in case of On Site Meetings with the customers
• Keep up to date with Software Releases, Customer Customization and through self-learning
• Demonstrate a proactive approach to prioritizing assigned workload and resolving incidents
Good to know:
We take care of each engineer in our team through diverse benefits, including:
• Recognition and rewards proportional to performance
technical Training opportunities
• Access to an enormous array of learning resources like different learning platforms (Lynda, Safari Books and other)
• Top-tier medical insurance
• Shifts avoid traffic peak hours
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).