Optical Backhaul Design Engineer
Be a member of a fast growing international organization! Vodafone Shared Services Europe is part of the Vodafone Group and operates in two EU countries as a commercial HUB for Vodafone activities all around the world with more than 3500 colleagues.
The Bucharest based centre started its operation in 2014. Now it serves as a centre for excellence in Technology, Network Operations, Customer Service, Fraud, Security Services and Finance hub. Our
The Technology vertical encompasses everything from Solution Architecture, Product Development to delivery and operations, including Engineering Services, Infrastructure Management, Applications Operations and Customer Service Desk.
Using state of the art technologies, we are offering hi-tech solutions to Vodafone clients in 6 European markets.
The Budapest based centre started its operation in 2007. Now it serves as a Financial, Enterprise, Business Intelligence, HR and Sourcing HUB, continuously focusing on supporting and improving processes in 29 countries and offering solutions to 150+ Vodafone Enterprise Customers.
Join us and be part of our global team, supporting Vodafone clients around the world!
Your day to day:
You will be part of multinational distributed team managing technologies related to the Optical Transmission & Transport area of the Backhaul Network. Candidate will need to interact with other Vodafone internal teams related to Mobile Access & Business Customers, Technology Strategy and also local markets in order to translate Network requirements into harmonised High Level Designs for the European region. Candidate will be required to liaise with Vendors, drive testing activities, and deliver objectives within project timeframes according to external project’s requirement (including budget, time and agreed quality KPIs).
With these activities you will have a great impact on our business:
- To study local markets Optical Backhaul requirements &prepare High Level Designs and engineering solutions for the Optical Backhaul Network, assuring resilience of the solution &harmonization across the European Region
- To participate, perform Testing & Acceptance of SW releases and HW platforms for the Optical Metro DWDM platforms within the Central Acceptance Framework, collecting in advance requirements from the countries in the European Region
- Alignment with network technology strategy and architecture, liaise with vendors for roadmaps and with other functions within Vodafone, to drive the evolution and the design of Optical Backhaul networks in the markets in scope
- To troubleshoot Engineering solutions related to Optical Backhaul Networks & offer workaround solutions in order to meet defined quality standards
- To participate on RFQs related to the Evolution of the Optical Backhaul domain across the European Region.
With these skills you are a great candidate:
- Knowledge of optical fiber technical specifications, testing and link engineering fundamentals.
- Deep understanding of optical network protocols like GMPLS, ASON and SNCP
- Experience with DWDM network architectures (i.e.FOADM/ROADM/PON/fixed and flex grid), signal flow and capabilities (C/CD/CDC).
- Experience with optical link budgeting concepts and fiber-optic link impairments, both linear and nonlinear.
- Experience and expertise in high speed optical transmission, DWDM system design, architecture, and testing
- Relevant experience in high capacity, high-channel-count, DWDM optical transmission systems.
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
- Work from Home – You can get to work remotely from anywhere you choose!
- Medical and dental services
- Life insurance
- Dedicated employee phone subscription
- Special discounts for gyms and retailers
- Annual Company Bonus
- Ongoing Education