Cloud Operations Engineer ($60K/year) - Remote Work
As a Cloud Operations Engineer ($60K/year), you will learn how to have an obsessive focus on improving the quality of your work and the quality of products through the use of First Time Acceptance Rate. You will get an opportunity to work on cutting-edge monitoring tools, which allow you to operate at a scale of thousands of servers for 70+ different software companies.
The candidate will be exposed to our metrics-driven culture, which is the foundation of our success in measuring and improving every engineering process and product we deliver.
Working with the top 1% talent will help you master your technical skills and become a specialist in some of the parts of our software factory model, such as the development of automated unit test or bug fixes. Ultimately Crossover’s dynamic environment will allow the candidate to move fast, set and achieve aggressive goals.
- Ensure that our multi-tenant infrastructure running more than 100 different products yields four nines
- Eliminate complexity from both architecture and processes
- Optimize our public cloud computing costs
- Be proactive and work closely with the engineering teams to enhance our design and improve our platforms offering
- Perform capacity planning
- Employ modern instrumentation to enable production applications and infrastructure observability and then act upon the results
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving IT or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience managing and maintaining large-scale SaaS applications in one of the major platforms (VMWare, GPC, AWS, IBM Cloud) and cloud orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Marathon, VMware, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with Linux and/or Windows Server operating systems (strong understanding)
- Experience building and maintaining production systems on AWS using EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, Cloud Formation, etc. and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs or VMWare / Azure experience
- Deep experience administering Linux (Centos, RHEL, Ubuntu) systems OR Windows Server systems
- Experience with Docker
- Excellent knowledge of web application technology, including IIS, Tomcat, Apache, elasticsearch, nginx, haproxy etc.
- Good network and file system skills
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Familiarity with ITIL processes, especially Incident, Change and Problem Management
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Good proficiency in the English language
Nice to have:
- Experienced with declarative configuration management and provisioning tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Databases experience: MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Demonstrate success as a problem solver
- Be a results-oriented individual
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world