Senior Presales Engineer ($200K/year) - Remote Work
The Senior Presales Engineer is a technical expert capable of adapting our products and solutions to complex customer environments to facilitate and shorten the sales cycle.
To differentiate our products effectively, you need to demonstrate experience and competency for delivering a compelling customer-focused narrative in front of customers and prospects.
Our fast-paced business models mean that as a sales practitioner you must be able to rapidly identify customers’ technical and business needs, by investigating the existing architecture and making new recommendations that extract more value from their technology investments.
You will have experience working with Chief Software Architects, CTOs, CIOs Technical Management and CxOs at different sizes of organizations and be able to build trust with them, by engaging in intelligent discussions about developing new technology solutions.
Since we operate in a very competitive high-tech marketplace, as Senior Presales Engineer, you are a fast learner, capable of picking up new technologies. You are not a single category/domain leader but have learned software through roles in engineering presales and project management. Substantial software solutions experience is mandatory.
- Work with inside and field sales account managers (100-500k ARR) on shorter sales cycles or on larger accounts (1mm+ ARR) to contribute to and/or develop account solution strategy to develop long term customer solution roadmaps, expansion of our solution footprint, and converting loyal customers towards our unlimited software library platform
- Drive product adoption within our customers by partnering with field organizations, Vendors stakeholders, sponsors to map customer initiatives to our solution portfolio. Conduct discovery calls, technical product demonstrations with high quality across the vendor’s extensive enterprise software portofolio, lead sales discussions, create and document specific solutions for a final vision.
- Act as evangelist to help customers understand how to get the most value out of their solutions also by speaking/presenting on webinars, public events, roadshows.
- Identify, develop and maintain strong partnering relationships with stakeholders operating at all necessary levels (management and functional) within the customer organization to understand and influence their project strategies
- Help define new business and technical content, white papers, technical concept presentations and notes that facilitate marketing, Sales, Presales work or help conclude delivery of existing services
- Achieve an expert level understanding of our customers’ environments and their evolving needs vis-a-vis our solutions and products so that you can: facilitate the creation of new opportunities; lead customer business value identification; unlock business value and effect process change
- As part of pre-sales cycles or POC delivery, create solution architectures, heuristics, prepare the technical responses to RFPs and other documents as required, design new solution approaches that meet/exceed customer's requirements
- Conduct analysis and maintain working knowledge of competitive offerings to our products, therefore providing input and playing a critical role for product evolution with the product management function
To be a perfect match for this role you must have the following experience and titles:
- Strong acumen understanding business economics to drive software sales in a direct business model targeting Enterprise Accounts (preferably F500 accounts)
- 5+ years supporting enterprise software sales cycles (e.g., ERP, CRM, BPM, email marketing, ESN-Enterprise Social Networks, ESB, CSN, API management).
- 5+ years of field technical sales with capability to dive into complex RFI and RFQs for Enterprise software solutions, facing technical roles including consulting, CxO business leaders/teams as well as IT. Team leadership and management is a plus
- Technical Education, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering, or ideally 10 years customer facing technical leadership over a broad portfolio of SW products from marketing leading enterprise software vendors.
In order to fully succeed in the role, your personal skills and attitude include:
- Ability to engage sophisticated global customers in detailed technical discussions, making them confident that you know their problem better than they do. Experience developing re-usable sales materials
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach to fill the gaps to meet customer expectations and further the strategic relationship with our customers
- Self-starter attitude with demonstrated success and will to learn, operate as problem solver and result-oriented
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to facilitate dialog and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to create a consistent customer experience.
- Located in the USA, or Europe with Advanced English skills. Other European language skill is a plus
- Availability to travel at least 50% time for customer-facing meetings
Join our community of remote professionals!