Threat Intelligence Analyst
The Threat Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for the strategic, tactical, and operational analysis of cyber, fraud and physical threats that may impact The Threat Intelligence analyst will demonstrate technical expertise and leadership in the areas of threat intelligence, brand protection, and data analysis.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Collect indicator data from external and internal intelligence sources and validate and apply context to the collected
- Collect, analyze, investigate, store and disseminate threat intelligence (actors, campaigns, TTPs, IOAs, IOCs)
- Maintain a high state of situational awareness regarding threats to the organization and within the related relevant industries
- Leverage and expand the capabilities of existing analytical tools and technologies; recommend new technologies as appropriate
- Draft, edit, and disseminate threat intelligence products (briefings, reports, etc.) to appropriate stake holders
- Create custom analytic products based on conclusions and judgments derived from threat intelligence
- Support the Critical Incident Response Center (CIRC) with intelligence collection, analysis and/or dissemination as it relates to on-going investigations
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, evaluate and interpret complex sets of information and data with a strong understanding and application of analytical techniques, including predictive analysis.
- Experience in collecting information from open sources, commercial databases, internal databases and fusing this information together through analysis and critical thinking.
- Experience with various link analysis and intelligence software applications.
- Organizational and self-directing skills – ability to initiate, coordinate and prioritize responsibilities and follow through on tasks to completion
- Programming / Scripting experience to automate tasks (python, perl, .net, etc.)
- Malware analysis – static and dynamic