Product Industrialization Engineer (determined contract)
The Tire division is known for maximizing safety through short braking distances and excellent grip as well as reducing fuel consumption by minimizing rolling resistance. Tires are the vehicle's only link with the road. They have to transmit all forces onto four areas of the road surface that are roughly the size of a postcard. In critical situations, it is the technology level of the tires that determines whether a vehicle is able to stop in time or stay in the correct lane during cornering maneuvers.
* Supports planning & manufacturing of experimental Tire Order, is respsonsbile for on time delivery and reports
* Ensures SOP of new products and technologies according to R&D requirements and plant objectives
* Leads structured problem solving tasks/projects for industrialization challenges in the plant
* Executes industrialization activities of new and experimental materials, products and processes in close cooperation with R&D
* Offers technical alternatives which are optimized for process capabilities, cost, minimized rework and comply with the established Release Notice Procedure, Cured Tire Dimensions and QMD Standards
* Ensures that internal KPIs are met on a consistent basis and initiate structured problem solving tasks in case of deviations
* Provides technical support to production on performance relevant constructional / tyre engineering issues by using appropriate Problem solving methods
* Promotes teamwork and efficient distribution of tasks within the 341 and business team concept within the plant organization
* Builds up a thorough understanding of R&D processes within the plant organization
* Promotes new technologies tire sizes and products within the plant
* Acts as main technical interface to R&D and keep open and honest communication between R&D and the plant
* Initiates Value Leadership measures to improve the direct material and process costs according to plant objectives
* Supervises and manages projects related to industrialization and continuous improvement
* Works with project management structure in the plant for successfull implementation within a given timeline.
* Technical University Degree;
* Previous experience in a production environment;
* Hands-on approach and willingness to spend 70% of the working time in the production area;
* PC Skills: Microsoft Office;
* Team player and people driven;
* Advanced English level.
What we offer
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance);
* Health & Wellness Benefits (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* Flexible Working Schedule and Work from Home;
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.