Remote Premier Field Engineer Azure Data & AI
It’s a time of exciting change and new thinking at Microsoft. We’re focused on improving the day-to-day lives of our customers, delivering meaningful impact through ground-breaking technology and providing a truly unified experience.
Through incredible services like OneDrive and Xbox Live powering a Mobile First, Cloud First world, we deliver a positive blend of work and play across different devices, locations and users. Across digital life, we’re reinventing productivity.
In order to fuel this change, we need people prepared to challenge convention, question the status quo and collaborate with likeminded individuals that don’t fear failure but see it as a necessary step toward making a mark on the world.
If shaping a better, more exciting future is what motivates you, you’ll be in good company.
Find out more and apply.
Relevant Characteristics and Experience for the Premier Field Engineer Role:
• 5+ years’ experience in developing, supporting Enterprise IT solutions or application, systems development, network operations, IT consulting
• Collaborative, fast learner, problem solver who is creative and confident
• Ability to present and communicate technical findings to all audiences
• Good balance between business and technical acumen
• Fluent English - oral, written and presentation skills; French or German is a plus
• Education: Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems. Will consider related field (or equivalent) experience
• Deep technical or architectural knowledge of the following areas (at least 2):
o Database administration (preferably with SQL, including Azure SQL) – performance tuning and optimization, troubleshooting, high availability / disaster recovery, security
o Database development (preferably with SQL, including Azure SQL) – designing and building database solutions (tables / stored procedures / forms / queries / etc.)
o Business intelligence – combining knowledge of SSIS/SSAS/SSRS/Power BI technologies with a deep understanding of data structure / data models to design, develop, and tune BI solutions and reports
o Advanced data analytics – designing and building solutions using technologies such as Azure Cosmos DB Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, SQL DW, stream analytics, machine learning, R server
• Experience with Open Source Technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, …)
• Skills and interest in Machine Learning, Python, Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit and Linux will be considered a plus
As a Premier Field Engineer you will:
• Be the technical expert for customer projects by building, deploying, operating and optimizing large complex enterprise environments
• Join a highly motivated team of leading industry experts
• Be focused on delivering proactive services such as education workshops, assessments and providing expert guidance to the customers, enabling them to meet their strategic business goals
• Help customers with troubleshooting and problem resolution
• Preview new technology before others in the industry and learn how to make the best from it.
• Gain access to expertise and support from Microsoft’s consulting practice and product groups.
• Continually learn and grow professionally to be the best you can be.