Team Lead - Simulator Development
Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers.
The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety.
Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
- MEng. in Aeronautical/Electrical Engineering or similar degree
- At least 5 years of experience working on engineering simulator / synthetic environment projects with a deep understanding of the hardware and software architecture necessary to build a scalable simulator environment
- Good skills in engineering project management and team coordination
- Experience of Pilot-in-the-loop simulation and human perception of the simulated cueing environment is a strong plus
- Proficiency with industry standard programming languages is a plus
- Proficiency in Subversion, Matlab, Simulink, Simulink Coder and Simulink Real-Time is a plus
- Experience in Simulator qualification is a plus
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
We are looking for an outstanding Simulator Development Engineer to join our innovative team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work at the cutting edge of simulator development in the emerging E-VTOL industry.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead the development of the engineering simulators that will be used throughout the organisation to support aircraft development, test and acceptance processes. In addition to your technical responsibilities you will be able to build, guide and lead a team of simulator software and hardware engineers to assist you in the execution of this goal.
You will be encouraged to make use of existing and emerging techniques/technologies and will work closely with the complete autonomous systems team to develop a state of the art, integrated, simulation and test facility with SiL, MiL and HiL capability.
Your day to day:
- Provide technical leadership and supervision for current and future engineering simulator asset development at Lilium
- Responsibility for the definition of the engineering simulator architecture
- Management of your team including planning, estimation and commitment of tasks and projects
- Co-ordination and management of engineering suppliers
- Contribute to the establishment and development of structures and processes within the department
- Collaborate closely with other departments and stakeholders to capture all necessary simulator use cases
- Management of the system engineering lifecycle for the simulator
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs