Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers.
The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety.
Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
- Excellent academic record with a degree in engineering or a related subject from a top university, or equivalent professional experience
- At least 10 years' experience in a similar role in an aerospace environment
- Deep knowledge of relevant legislation including EASA Part 21
- Experience with PLM system administration and implementation; Siemens TeamCenter, Polarion and NX would be an advantage
- Ability to evaluate the current environment, gather needs, and propose a recommended CM solution
- Significant process design and implementation experience
- Experience of growing and leading a team
In this role you will report tothe Requirements, Configuration and Change Manager. You will take overall responsibility for configuration management. You will lead the implementation of our new configuration management system and the rollout of changes to the PLM system, ensuring compliance with DOA requirements.
Your day to day:
- Design and implement the principles and processes used to perform configuration management of all our programmes
- Be responsible for identifying and ensuring proper documentation of configuration status of our products and equipment, and controlling associated historical information including archiving
- Set up a system and process which allows the efficient storage and control of all the necessary information to confirm the product configuration status at a given moment of the whole product life cycle
- Create, issue and manage to a configuration management plan for each programme
- Ensure appropriate control of design changes and any other changes to the configuration status
- Ensure all parties involved in any programme, at any given time during the life-cycle, use identical data, in the same controlled status
- Ensure that our configuration management practices are in line with EASA Part21J and any other applicable legislation
- Ensure that our configuration control and status is sufficient to certify our aircraft under any applicable legislation (E.g. EASA CS-23)
- When appropriate, ensure the issue of a “Design Build Standard” (DBS)
- Be responsible for the PLM system, including leading the design of future improvements
- Contribute to the design and implementation of other relevant systems, for example for requirements management
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs