Calculation Engineer NVH
Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers.
The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety.
Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
We are looking for an outstanding Calculation Engineer with a strong background in NVH analysis to join our innovative team and help us shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work within the rapidly growing Structural Analysis Team as part of the Calculation Department. You will report to the team leader and work closely with various aircraft systems engineers.
Your Day to Day:
- Leading role for the analysis of the NVH and vibro-acoustic behavior of the aircraft and its subsystems by means of numerical simulations
- Hold main responsibility for numerical modeling, conduction of simulations, post-processing and reporting and results
- Define efficient modeling techniques and optimization methods for NVH analysis
- Take over project lead for NVH calculation projects and delegate work packages to colleagues and/or external suppliers if necessary
- Work closely with the leading NVH systems engineer to develop product designs with exceptional performance in terms of noise and vibration behavior
- Actively support shaping processes of the department
- M.Sc./M.Eng. or PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field is required
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position
- Excellent knowledge of NVH and Squeak & Rattle analysis methods, structural dynamics and testing methods
- Extensive working experience with commercial FE codes, i.e., OptiStruct, Nastran or Abaqus, and respective pre- and post-processing tools
- In-depth understanding of nonlinear structural and vibro-acoustics analysis, especially of carbon composite aircraft structures
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style is a must
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs