Cost Engineer - Composites
Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers.
The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety.
Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
- Mechanical Engineering/Aeronautical Engineer/Engineering Management degree or comparable
- Outstanding analytical capabilities
- At least 3 years of work experience in cost engineering, strategic procurement, or consulting
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes for composites components
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel. Experience working with ERP tools is a plus
- Background in composites (automotive, aviation, or comparable) manufacturing
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
This role will be part of the “Industrial Management & Production Planning” department, which includes Industrial system design and implementation of domestic manufacturing and supply chain, the production planning & simulation as well as the management of new factory implementation & ramp up. You will report to the Head of Industrial Management & Production Systems.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, digital production.
Your Day to Day:
- Responsible for developing transparent cost models for all composites components on the Lilium Jet. Technological focus on: primary and secondary structure composite components
- Work closely with Design, Procurement, Production, and Strategy providing the basis for key decision making
- Derivation, analysis and optimization of the entire value stream from procurement and logistics to production including benchmark analysis with comparable products
- Identify solution space to achieve supplier agnostic optimum production- and process cost
- Define cost targets across the entire value stream and support the production and strategic supply chain setup
- Work with key suppliers and partners as part of the scoping and tendering process
- Drive design to cost initiatives and monitor development against cost targets
- Support development and setting of companywide standards for cost and value engineering
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs