Manufacturing Engineer - Assembly Electronics
Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers.
The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety.
Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
- Electrical Systems Engineering degree – excellent grade and industrial internship experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering, supply chain quality, or industrial engineering focused on electronics and mechatronic systems. Experience in safety-critical industries (e.g., aviation, healthcare, military, etc) is required
- Excellent analytical capabilities with a drive to challenge the status quo; eager to learn; puts the team first; resilient with a passion for achieving mission objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator with a high sense of urgency
- Demonstrated expertise in electronic and mechatronic low and high voltage systems fundamental principles, design, fabrication, and safe handling in high-volume and/or rapid-growth operational environments – strong track record in driving high-impact projects to completion
- Experience in developing and applying source substantiation controls, electronic & electromechanical product and process definition, and implementing and adhering to IPC & ISO standards
- Hands-on mentality and heavy collaboration with production teams to secure continuous production flow
- Adept at working cross-functionally, especially with Design Engineering, Quality, Procurement, Program Management, and other cross-business functions.
- Lean awareness - Simplification mindset, continuous improvement, health & safety conscious.
- ICT Skills: Microsoft Office, ERP, MES and CAD
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced electronics expert to join our team of manufacturing engineers focused on producing Lilium’s state-of-the-art aircraft assembly systems.
As a Manufacturing Engineer specializing in electronics, you will own the production of all electrical and electromechanical systems that drive our unique aircraft assembly line. You will be responsible for defining and assuring aviation-level supplier quality for all electronics and drives, collaborating with our product design engineering teams to enforce design-for-make, and bringing to life a lean, mechanized, and people-focused production system.
The Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering team provides the best process & technology solutions and factory support to meet design requirements and business targets in accordance with EASA 21G and EN9100 standards.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization sets new standards with a best-in-class, reliable production operation using the latest in digital technologies.
Your Day to Day:
- Drive “Design for Scale” and “Design to Value” for all electrical and electromechanical systems and secure type certification standard
- Drive capability acquisition of new technologies, systems, and factories to establish a state-of-the-art manufacturing process
- Collaborate closely with our Electrical Systems and Quality teams to develop, manage, and grow the electronics and mechatronics value chain
- Mentor your teammates as the resident expert for electrical machines and drive spearhead the establishment of pilot production stations to develop stable production processes and prove rate capability
- Provide shop floor support & champion continuous improvement across the entire production network
- Support digital processes for high volume production logistics, process definition, and planning
- Secure quality assurance and a suitable control plan along the whole value chain
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create, don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs