Senior Test Engineer - Battery
Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers.
The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety.
Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
- MSc, PhD or equivalent degree in electrical/power/mechatronics engineering or a related field required
- Strong knowledge of working in electrical labs and good practice of testing
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in working with multi-kW electrical systems
and voltages above ELV to be qualified as an electrically skilled person (IEC 60050,
DIN VDE 1000-10)
- Experience in electrical and cell measurement equipment like high power supplies
and loads, data acquisition systems, battery (cell) test systems
- Experience/training in live working with hazardous voltages is a plus
- Knowledge of battery systems, particularly Li-ion batteries is a plus
- Experience in the automotive or aerospace field is a plus
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language
would be beneficial
In this position, you will be reporting to the Head of Component Test and serve as the person of contact for all Battery tests.
You will manage the complete process of testing from requirements breakdown & concept development to test execution & data processing by always keeping the goal of qualification and verification of our aircraft components in mind. You will setup and execute tests of small and large scale prototypes and provide valuable input for electrical, thermal and mechanical battery engineers as well as for production.
Your Day to Day:
- Planning and setup of labs and lab equipment
- Design of test benches for testing of electrical, electro-chemical, electro-mechanical
components, including battery abuse tests
- Coordination, preparation, and execution of tests of battery cells, modules and packs
as well as electric parts and components according to CS-23, DO-160, DO-311 and
other standards, in-house and with partners
- Support of production planning and end-of-line test setup
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs