Mechanic - Test
Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers.
The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety.
Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
- Extensive experience in assembly, modification and repair of technical products in individual production through manual and machine-supported processing such as cutting, sawing, bending, bonding, grinding, drilling, screwing, riveting, soldering, milling, lathing, CNC and welding.
- Proven in processing of materials such as metal, wood, plastic; experience with CFRP and GFRP would be an advantage
- At least basic knowledge in electrics and/or electronics
- Excellent and broad technical understanding, strong spatial imagination, teamwork and structured work
- Knowledge in the application of instrumentation ( strain gauges, accelerometers, thermocouples, etc.) preferable
- Craftsmanship, creative and solution-oriented work approach are basic requirements
- Experience in the approval of manuals and risk assessments would be benefical
- Successfully implemented own projects prove your abilities
In this position you will report directly to the Team Lead Test Operations and will work on a variety of projects and tasks together with our test engineers. We are looking for a multi skilled person who can help us with the daily work in the Workshop from 3D printing duties to manufacturing of various components with different materials and the maintenance of Test Beds.
Your Day to Day:
- Read technical manuals to understand equipment and controls
- Assembly and maintenance of our test beds & rigs
- Manufacturing of mechanical components
processing of various materials (wood, plastic, metal)
- Adjustment and calibration of various equipment and machines
- Troubleshooting and feedback of errors to the corresponding teams, cooperation for cause analysis
- Active participation in continuous process improvement
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs