Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale(TM) solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter(TM), the company provides an innovative design. engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets.
Building intelligent products for a connected world.
The Infrastructure Architect is part of a team and will be based in Timisoara, Romania. The local team in Timisoara consists of about 13 employees and you will be in regular contact with colleagues around EMEA. You will work together with internal customers on infrastructure projects in areas such as Linux, develops, automation, storage, and backup, but also get the chance to scout for and evaluate new technologies if they are interesting to our organization.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
* Passion for Linux, but an open mind for other technologies as well
* Good interpersonal and team skills
* Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
* Joy when trying out new technologies and developments
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
* Work together with stakeholders on local, regional and global infrastructure projects
* Work on update and refresh projects as well as first-time implementation projects
* Take on technical lead and project management tasks as required
* Act as backup escalation support i.e. for Linux
* Apart from your main area of Linux and automation, work together with colleagues on other topics such as storage and backup
* Keep up to date with new and emerging technologies and screen them for applications in our infrastructure (i.e. puppet, elastic search, ansible, terraform, opscode, hadoop, ...)
* Occasionally when necessary travel to a project location Here is some of what you'll need (required):
Here is something of what you`ll need(required):
* Extensive proven track record working with Linux server technologies and scripting (Bash, Python, Ruby, ...) is required
* Experience with and interest in other server technologies apart from Linux would be a big plus
* A relevant academic degree such as computer science or comparable work experience
* Great interpersonal communication and language skills (e.g., listening to others, speaking to others, reading, writing).
* Excellent English is a requirement for this role
* Ability to prioritize, organize and manage time efficiently is essential
* Outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail